THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20 Empty
PostSubject: The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20   The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Lp25XViGk
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20   The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 10:40 am

I chose answer "A", Jack! Ok, which one did you pick?

My reason for choosing "A"? It's a nice sunny day, a little breezy, all's quiet on the western front, no other world shaking events taking place anywhere - so why not stir things up a bit by blaming G.W. Bush for something else - again! This time it would be for not signing the Kyoto Treaty (as if signing the treaty would have some sort of a positive effect on weather conditions all over the world}. And the NYT will always print something to blame 'W' for!

A thought! After all, if every nation signed the treaty then God (Himself) and Mother Nature would also have to comply with the statutes now, wouldn't they? Besides who are we to shove a piece of paper in God's face telling Him to knock it off with all the bad weather we've been having? That would be a huge no no! And Mom Nature doesn't like to be pushed around and told how to behave either!

Hattie!

P.S. I'm pretty sure I saw the entire video, Jack! But I wonder if there was supposed to be a right answer at the very end of the tape?
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20   The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 10:59 am

Hattie wrote:
I chose answer "A", Jack! Ok, which one did you pick?

My reason for choosing "A"? It's a nice sunny day, a little breezy, all's quiet on the western front, no other world shaking events taking place anywhere - so why not stir things up a bit by blaming G.W. Bush for something else - again! This time it would be for not signing the Kyoto Treaty (as if signing the treaty would have some sort of a positive effect on weather conditions all over the world}. And the NYT will always print something to blame 'W' for!

A thought! After all, if every nation signed the treaty then God (Himself) and Mother Nature would also have to comply with the statutes now, wouldn't they? Besides who are we to shove a piece of paper in God's face telling Him to knock it off with all the bad weather we've been having? That would be a huge no no! And Mom Nature doesn't like to be pushed around and told how to behave either!

Hattie!

P.S. I'm pretty sure I saw the entire video, Jack! But I wonder if there was supposed to be a right answer at the very end of the tape?

I chose "none of the above" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20   The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 11:18 am

I didn't see 'None of the Above' as an option to the original question, Jack!
If I were really applying for a job there I probably would have chosen another answer or 'None of the Above' - because I WANTED and NEEDED a job - but I wasn't and I didn't!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20   The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 11:22 am

Hattie wrote:
I didn't see 'None of the Above' as an option to the original question, Jack!
If I were really applying for a job there I probably would have chosen another answer or 'None of the Above' - because I WANTED and NEEDED a job - but I wasn't and I didn't!

Hattie!

"None of the above" wasn't really there, but I would have written it in and then knowing the NY Times they wouldn't have hired me. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20   The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New York Times Employee Entrance Exam: Question 20
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE COMMUNITY :: Political Playground-
Jump to: