THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
Bye bye April.

Michael Jackson Memorial

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Michael Jackson Memorial Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson Memorial   Michael Jackson Memorial EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:40 am

His memorial is estimated to cost Los Angeles 1.4 million $$. A nice present for a city and state that's broke. I'm sure his estate will reimburse the city. Yeah, right!!!
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Memorial   Michael Jackson Memorial EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:56 am

When there is a parade or large private event that requires public law enforcement or traffic control the city normally asks the people or organization who are putting on the event to cover the cost of police and traffic control. I believe most cities do this as routine.

The Jackson motorcade from Forest Lawn to Staples center caused 3 major freeways to be closed to regular traffic temporarily while the convoy traveled. It required dozens of CHP motorcycle cops to control traffic. In Los Angeles, Chief Bratton said that about one-third of the entire police force was placed on duty to control the activities around Staples Center. They were not going to let things get out of hand.

All of this cost a small fortune and the taxpayers should not have to foot the bill. The Jackson family and the owners of Staples Center who planned the event should be the ones paying for this.

Art
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Memorial   Michael Jackson Memorial EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 3:30 pm

I didn't watch the first minute of that memorial or any news report about that freak. Funny, that before his death, nobody cared about Michael. Now you can't escape the news coverage.
Meanwhile, Karl Malden died and he'd be lucky to get a paragraph on the last page of the newspaper. scratch
Back to top Go down
sindhu88

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Memorial   Michael Jackson Memorial EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:16 pm

I missed Michael Jackson's memorial service and was wondering if they have it out on DVD. I really need to know asap.

========================

Link Building| Link Building Services
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Memorial   Michael Jackson Memorial Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Memorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE COMMUNITY :: General / News-
Jump to: