THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

I Guess He Changed His Mind

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

I Guess He Changed His Mind Empty
PostSubject: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:32 am

Today's Headlines: Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Obama Once Said That Forcing the Uninsured to Buy Insurance Is Like Forcing Homeless to Buy Homes
(CNSNews.com) - Long before his administration went into federal court to fight 27 states that are now challenging the constitutionality of the Democrats' health care law, then-presidential candidate Barack Obama told Ellen DeGeneres he opposed forcing the uninsured to buy health insurance, saying it would be like forcing the homeless to buy homes.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:49 am

When you have as gullible an audience as he does you can say whatever suits your agenda at the time.
Back to top Go down
eyemaratzass

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Obama was not the only one to chasnge his mind. It wasn't that long ago that the individual mandate wasn't controversial, even among Republicans. As recently as a year ago, Republican Sen. Charles Grassley was saying that the mandate enjoyed bipartisan support.
In the 1990s, Republicans proposed health care reform that included an individual mandate, and it was co-sponsored by Grassley and Sens. Orrin Hatch, Bob Bennett and Kit Bond -- all Republicans. Massachusetts' health reform law, signed by then-Republican Gov. Mitt Romney, also includes an individual mandate.

Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 pm

eyemaratzass wrote:
Obama was not the only one to chasnge his mind. It wasn't that long ago that the individual mandate wasn't controversial, even among Republicans. As recently as a year ago, Republican Sen. Charles Grassley was saying that the mandate enjoyed bipartisan support.
In the 1990s, Republicans proposed health care reform that included an individual mandate, and it was co-sponsored by Grassley and Sens. Orrin Hatch, Bob Bennett and Kit Bond -- all Republicans. Massachusetts' health reform law, signed by then-Republican Gov. Mitt Romney, also includes an individual mandate.

Oh that makes it ok! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
eyemaratzass

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:21 am

It certainly is OK to change one's mind. However, in the case of the Republicans it appears the opposition is group think so as to oppose anything proposed by Obama. You just don't get it, do you?
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:57 am

eyemaratzass wrote:
It certainly is OK to change one's mind. However, in the case of the Republicans it appears the opposition is group think so as to oppose anything proposed by Obama. You just don't get it, do you?

That's ridiculous! Prove it.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Where Liberal Group Think comes from   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 am

Liberal Groupthink

Liberal Groupthink Is Anti-Intellectual

Reaction Paper 2

Groupthink in the educational setting is a real serious issue.   Academia has long been accused of it.   The article “Liberal Groupthink Is Anti-Intellectual” by Mark Bauerlein is an excellent piece in describing the existence of groupthink in the educational arena and communicating its effects to the reader.   I selected this article as it directly impacts me as a student but more importantly the article brought up something relevant in life, that groupthink narrows our minds.   The whole concept of higher education is to broaden our minds and to teach us to think critically.   This article did a nice job describing how groupthink has taken root in our colleges and universities and the affects of it both real and perceived.

In the beginning of the article it pointed out the publishing by the American Enterprise Institute’s voter registration results among the faculty members of social science and the humanities.   It

Is this Essay helpful? Join OPPapers to read more and access more than 325,000 just like it!

get better grades
indicated a strong existence of Democratic or Green Party participants, 9 out of 10 instructors.   If that is the case then there is inequality of diversity in educators.   In order to have diversity in our educational system the ratio of liberal to conservative needs to be more balanced.   Unfortunately there has been well-publicized discrimination against conservative professors.   In researching this topic beyond this article, I found website after website of how conservative professors are the endangered species.   Nothing could be more frightening.   It has become a case where there is no freedom. This particular conflict is hurting our educational system and it is doing so much damage to our universities in the eyes of the world and our community that we face a problem of failing our young minds.   The humanities are an example of a group that clashes with the views of the majority of Americans.
Back to top Go down
eyemaratzass

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:02 pm

As I am sure you guys are very much aware, as it is so obviously a fact, group think in the United States Senate is all Republicans being required to think as McConnell thinks.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

eyemaratzass wrote:
As I am sure you guys are very much aware, as it is so obviously a fact, group think in the United States Senate is all Republicans being required to think as McConnell thinks.

From one of your heros,"A lie told often enough becomes truth" Vladimir Lenin.

Typical leftist tactics to cover up bad things they do is to accuse the enemy of doing it and repeating the lie until it becomes the truth in uninformed minds.

Back to top Go down
eyemaratzass

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

What the Hell does that comment have to do with this subject?
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:31 pm

eyemaratzass wrote:
What the Hell does that comment have to do with this subject?
Listen you sound like your getting frustrated and I don't blame you a bit for that. If my guy had turned out to be as incompetent as yours I'd be frustrated too, but don't worry because 2012 isn't that far away now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Guess He Changed His Mind   I Guess He Changed His Mind Empty

Back to top Go down

I Guess He Changed His Mind
Page 1 of 1