THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

How Things Are Done

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

How Things Are Done Empty
PostSubject: How Things Are Done   How Things Are Done EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 am

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the Mansion in Springfield.

One from Springfield, another from Petersburg, and the third from Chicago.

They go with an official from the Governor's staff to examine the fence.

The Springfield contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials,$400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Petersburg contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the Governor's young staff member and whispers, '$2,700'

The inexperienced idiot, incredulous, says, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Chicago contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the dumb fellow from Petersburg to fix the fence.'

'Done!' replies the youngster!

And that, my friends, is how business is done in Illinois!!!
Back to top Go down

How Things Are Done
Page 1 of 1