THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
SPRING will COME

What are you reading ?

Go down 
+6
Carlszone
kuhchoo
GFyre
Heckagirl631
Tiz
nquale
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Just_Suzy
Admin

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-01

What are you reading ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Great idea Henry.I think I will ask Santa for one also.Then I can read in bed!

Thank you to everyone.

Suzy
Back to top Go down
TexGirl

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 pm

If your library doesn't have e-readers (mine doesn't), Best Buy has both Kindles and Nooks on display.  The Kindle Paperwhite is the only model I know of that is backlit so you can read in the dark. It sells for $119.

If you don't need a backlit model, the basic Kindle at $69 is every bit as good.  In other words, you pay $50 more for the backlit feature. Makes a nice Christmas present.

Sandy
Back to top Go down
nquale

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:59 am

The Nook Glowlight also has the backlight that you can turn on when you need it. I see that both Wal-mart and Target will have that one on sale Black friday for $79.
Back to top Go down
kuhchoo

kuhchoo

Male
Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:21 am

nquale asks if anybody else has read any of Anne Rice's
books.  I have one of her books "The Witching Hour" on
my bookshelves but I haven't gotten around to reading
it yet.  I purchased it when I belonged to the BOMC.  I
always bought what they sent me no matter what it was.
I see from the front of it that she also wrote under the
name of Anne Rampling.  "Exit to Eden" and "Belinda".
I seem to remember seeing a movie on TV called "Exit
to Eden".  Wonder if it was based on her book?  It seems
she also wrote Exotica under the name of A.N. Roquelaure.
"The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty", "Beauty's Punishment",
and "Beauty's Release".  Anyone read any of those?
Back to top Go down
nquale

nquale

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Gary the Witching Hour is the first book she wrote under her real name Anne Rice and it's the beginning of her ghost/witch books. I actually consider this book one of her best.

Her Anne Rampling books are her extreme erotica books--way over the edge for even erotica, though her East of Eden books is a little more tame then the other books and yes that was made into a really bad movie that had little to do with the book. I came across this collection of books this summer online on one of the free books websites and attempted to read through them but end out skimming through them---I'm just not into guys nekkid on all fours witth a horse tail stuck up their anus and a bridle harness around there heads, pulling a carriage and being whipped. Her Beauty books are about degrading/demeaning/humilitating people for the fun of it in order to make them more rounded people. I'm glad I didn't see these before I started reading her other books because I would of figured her other books were more of the same.
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5473
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:21 pm

So she is multi Faceted !

kuhchoo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm too old to waste my precious reading time on
erotica. Read it when I was young but that's in
the past.
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:35 pm

kuhchoo wrote:
I'm too old
you mean like this kuhchoo (77) !

kuhchoo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Not yet, Henry. Still 76, at least till next Friday.
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:58 pm

yes I left this out Users with a birthday within the next 7 days:

Qwinntz

Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2013-10-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:16 am

I'm currently reading " The Seasons On Henry's Farm" by Terra Brockman ; it's about a farm in central Illinois where five (5) generations of farmers farm without despoiling the land.  
It is written in a diary-like format that grew out of a weekly newsletter to customers , and eventually ppl who were interested in the goings on on Henry's Farm.

I enjoy reading "true" Life farmer/gardener-type books; yup, even back-to-the-landers type books.

I have fragile lungs and could never live like that. . but enjoy reading, learning, and hearing about it from our own resident  farmer's helper , Just Henry. Smile

I hadn't posted in quite some time because I forgot my password, and had to reset it.scratch lol!  
Back to top Go down
kuhchoo

kuhchoo

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 pm

I read the first chapter of Anne Rice's "The Witching Hour"
and it appears to be an interesting book.  I really like her
writing style.
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:03 pm

The Panzers and the Battle of Normandy. thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
GFyre

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6908
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:45 pm

I usually read more than one book at a time, but lately I've barely had time to read one book  let alone 3 different ones.   Very Happy  

A Mystery, a Non-Fiction, and a Sci-Fi/Fantasy are the genre the I mostly pursue; the non-fiction   at the moment is actually magazine called SAIL  ( about sailing  Laughing ), Sci-Fi/Fantasy" Goblins Know Best" by Daniel Beazley, and the Mystery " Death Is A Cabaret" by Deborah Morgan. . .all of these books/magazine are on my 1st gen Kindle Fire!  Cool

alien 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading ?   What are you reading ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you reading ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2