THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
HAPPY EASTER

About post in this community

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David F

David F

Male
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-10-19

About post in this community Empty
PostSubject: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Some post in some threads read new to old and some post read old to new.

It's rather confusing. I like the post to read from old to new. 

I looked around and can't find a way to change it. 
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Carlszone

Male
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-10-22

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi David

That was my doing. I suggested, wrongly, that changing the post format would keep new posts from being buried. But that caused folks to find themselves on a new post w/no prior reference point. I've asked Henry to change it back and I think it shouldn't be too long before he does. He has been busy elsewhere.

My goal was to have posts formatted in a way that each page kept the descending order as they moved back. If you look at the longest threads you'll notice that the latest post is buried a long ways. In shorter threads it is less evident. But a longer thread can be several pages away from the latest post, hence the need for the 1st post reminder.

I was hoping Henry could use the editor functions to align posts in a more user friendly way.

Oh well...

Carl
Back to top Go down
GFyre

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6939
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:40 pm

One has to remember that Henry is still learning, he hasn't been an Admin very long. . and I have no idea how this forum works.. 

All of the phpbb forums that I've been a Moderator/Admin are set up differently  based on what level of phpbb the Owner chose.

Henry is doing great. . he hasn't clicked the wrong button yet.  Fingers crossed. Smile

alien 
Back to top Go down
David F

David F

Male

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks, guys. I don't care which way they go so long as the whole board is the same.

I do like the new post up top. They can get long sometimes. I generally hit that new post icon though.
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Carlszone

Male
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-10-22

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Wyz

I'm wondering if editorial privileges can be shared w/moderators. You can play around w/the editor and see what options this forum has. The best format would be for each page to keep a descending order w/the last post determining the start of the next page. Sorta like Web-Nuts had it. I do hate the 1st post reminder!

Lol!

It's worth a try...

Carl
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5500
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:15 am

Well I made some adjustments . feedback is needed .

WYSIWYG mode by default in the posts : What You See Is What You Get is in place , let me know if it effects anything .

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6939
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 2:05 pm

It's most definitely cleaner on the Index board. .but the "critics" aren't here yet, and I bow to them.    :hattip: 

Perhaps, we can attract more ppl to view/post once it's set up for further enjoyment?  

alien  
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5500
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:03 pm

David F wrote:

I do like the new post up top. They can get long sometimes. I generally hit that new post icon though.
Ok you like all the same , I had thought about Obits staying new 1st . Most are just better new last , but I did put 10 to a page like Pete has over @ Extreme .

JUST HENRY wrote:
Carlszone wrote:
Hi Wyz
I do hate the 1st post reminder!

Lol!

Carl
Gone maybe 2 wks ago ! Replaced by last 2 from prior page .

David F

Male

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 am

Ok, I am easy to get along with. Obits probably would be better for new post first and the rest the same. 
10 post per page is good Smile

Thanks, Henry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About post in this community   About post in this community Empty

Back to top Go down

About post in this community
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE COMMUNITY :: General / News-
Jump to: