THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

House Bill on Control of Firearms

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

House Bill on Control of Firearms Empty
PostSubject: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 11:34 am

I hope all the libs realize they voted for this!!

Subject: HR 45: House bill on control of firearms

Hold your nose... this one really sucks!

They couldn't' even wait until January 20.
Here is the first bill introduced in the house that mandates licensing for all firearms owners...

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h45ih.txt.pdf

You will have to carry a photo ID firearms license.
A training class is required to be licensed.
Disclosure of your storage method is required for license.
A thumb print is required for license.
Every sale recorded by the federal government.
If you move, and don't tell the Attorney General within 60 days, you are a criminal.
If a firearm is stolen and you don't report it, you are a criminal.
There will be no grandfathered firearms. If you do not obtain a license and report
every firearm you currently own, you are a criminal.

There will be a license fee and a fee for the "services" provided at purchase time.

Licenses must be renewed every 5 years.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 7:39 am

One of the first things that Hitler did when he seized power was to impose strict gun registration requirements that enabled him to identify gun owners and then to confiscate all guns, effectively disarming his opponents.

The fact is most liberals are Fascists at heart!

Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:23 am

cactus_jack wrote:
One of the first things that Hitler did when he seized power was to impose strict gun registration requirements that enabled him to identify gun owners and then to confiscate all guns, effectively disarming his opponents.

I think most politicians are fascists regardless of their politics.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 10:32 am

bbqbob wrote:

I think most politicians are fascists regardless of their politics.

I think you're right about that and it's the main reason I want less, not more government in my life.
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 11:07 am

bbqbob wrote:

Here is the first bill introduced in the house that mandates licensing for all firearms owners...

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h45ih.txt.pdf
If you move, and don't tell the Attorney General within 60 days, you are a criminal.
There will be no grandfathered firearms. If you do not obtain a license and report
There will be a license fee and a fee for the "services" provided at purchase time.

Many sportsmen and hunters et al are really gonna be uptight about this law! Did this actually pass or is it still being argued? I have an old water gun - am I supposed to get a license for that too?
How about my hubby's ole red rider rifle? That too? Still have it and if I have to will go to jail because I'm not gonna get a license - then damn it - so be it! You'll see me in the newspapers after I get thrown into the Charleston Navy Brig along with all the terrorists they want to drop in on us! Will scream bloody murder when they do decide to waterboard me because of that damned license that I won't get! Not funny, McGee! Not funny at all!

Hattie! (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 pm

bbqbob wrote:

Already do, for nearly 8 years.

Yep, had to do that too.

Common sense, don't ya think.

Yep, all 10 fingers have been printed.

Yep, every time I buy a firearm.

I moved and had to re-license in another county.

You'd be a fool not to.

How would they possibly enforce this?

Yep, done that.

Yep, but my license is for concealed carry.
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 5:03 pm

cactus_jack wrote:

Funny, being how Bush didn't disarm Iraq when "he" invaded. scratch Would've saved a few lives, I think.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:39 am

Tiz wrote:

Funny, being how Bush didn't disarm Iraq when "he" invaded. scratch Would've saved a few lives, I think.

You think Bush should have disarmed the Iraqi people so they would be defenseless against against terrorists?
Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 7:56 am

I fail to understand what disarming the Iraq people has anything to do with gun ownership in this country. Some of this diatribe is way off the mark.
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 4:47 pm

cactus_jack wrote:
Tiz wrote:

You think Bush should have disarmed the Iraqi people so they would be defenseless against against terrorists?

They pretty much are defenseless now. If we were to pull out now, Iraq would fold faster than someone with a bad poker hand.

Bob, all I'm saying( and different states might differ), when I purchace a firearm from a Gun shop/ WalMart/etc., my purchace is registered with the Feds.
Do I fear the Feds will come bashing in my door to grab my guns? Nope.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 5:57 am

[quote="Tiz"]
cactus_jack wrote:

Bob, all I'm saying( and different states might differ), when I purchace a firearm from a Gun shop/ WalMart/etc., my purchace is registered with the Feds.
Do I fear the Feds will come bashing in my door to grab my guns? Nope.

No that's not correct! The feds are supposed to dispose of gun purchase records within 90 days or as soon as they approve the purchase.

You may feel comfortable with the government keeping a record of your firearm purchases but as long as we keep electing liars and cheats to lead us I sure don't!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Bill on Control of Firearms   House Bill on Control of Firearms Empty

Back to top Go down

House Bill on Control of Firearms
Page 1 of 1