THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
Bye bye April.

Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection. Empty
PostSubject: Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection.   Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 am

WASHINGTON (AP) - Nancy Killefer, who failed for a year and a half to pay employment taxes on household help, has withdrawn her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government, the White House said Tuesday.

Killefer was the second major Obama administration nominee to withdraw and the third to have tax problems complicate their nomination after President Barack Obama announced their selection.

The White House said Obama had accepted Killefer's decision and that the 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co., would explain her reasons for pulling out later Tuesday.

When her selection was announced by Obama on Jan. 7, The Associated Press disclosed that in 2005 the District of Columbia government had filed a $946.69 tax lien on her home for failure to pay unemployment compensation tax on household help.

Since then, administration officials have refused to answer questions about the tax error which she resolved five months after the lien was filed.

Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection.   Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 am

thumbsdown It seems that almost ALL politicians being nominated for a job in this administration have a problem with the IRS! Wow, am glad all this is coming up just before April 15th - because I believe the American public (Dems AND Reps) are really gonna scream bloody murder when they find that they also OWE the IRS some money! Are they gonna be able to shrug and say 'come and get me because I'M NOT GONNA PAY MY FAIR AND PATRIOTIC SHARE ANYMORE unless you people clean up your acts and YOU ALSO pay your PATRIOTIC share'! Joe Biden thinks it's the PATRIOTIC thing to do so we now know that many of our politicians are NOT PATRIOTS! What say you now, Joe Biden???? What we're seeing now is how corrupt some of our 'Honorable' democrats are! Wonder how 'Honorable' our republicans are? However, I can just imagine what the press would do if a republican senator was found to be lax in paying his/her fairshare! I hope the American press finds out about ALL of them so that we the people can clean up our Congress and get rid of them - once and for all - despite Obama trying to tell me (and also you) that HIS choice of cabinet members (even though they are tax dodgers) are sorely needed to run this country! Bah! Humbug!

Call the bug man in and clean our Congress out - get rid of the roaches! But I know that's never gonna happen, at least not in MY lifetime!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection.   Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection. EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Gee and not all 500 and some of those loyal patriots can be appointed to a cabinet post so we find out ! What about IRS enforcement of non peon's
Just because they work for the gov. the IRS does not care ? Where's the news stories on how many other's in DC owe the IRS ?

PostSubject: Re: Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection.   Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Obama Nominee To Withdraw Do To tax problems After President Barack Obama Announced Their Selection.
Page 1 of 1