THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

People of Faith - Beware!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

People of Faith - Beware! Empty
PostSubject: People of Faith - Beware!   People of Faith - Beware! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 pm

This is happening in my home state - the one I was born and lived in for the first 36 years of my life. I am a Catholic, went to Catholic grammer and spent 2 years in a Catholic high school before entering a public school! I am deeply troubled, upset and wanted to explode upon learning that two idiot democratic politicians want to deprive the Catholic Connecticut citizens to practice their Constitutional right of - FREEDOM OF RELIGION!

One of these turkey politicians is actually a gay guy who maried his boy friend. I don't know what the other one is except that he is absolutely for GAY RIGHTS in every way! How these idiots think they can ignore the Constitution is beyond my understanding - but if they succeed and do pass this - and the American public accepts this - than we truly are on the way to Marxism! At the end of the article below is a poem written by a German religious almost a century ago! Read it - remember it - if Conn. loses it's religious freedom for the Catholic population, then it will also affect Protestants and Jews! Even though I no longer live in Connecticut I still can hear the words uttered by a patriot son many, many years ago- 'Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death"! Nathan Hale died for his freedom and so did millions of other young men who fought for our liberty for oveer 200 years - and these two faggots are NOT gonna get away with CT Bill #1098!

Hattie!

P.S. I'm gonna do my part by writing to those two politicians and tell them to cease and desist! I'm also gonna write to the politicians here in S.C. about NOT EVER THINKING OF TRYING TO PASS ANY BILLS a la CT #1098! And if everyone who practices their religion does this - every religious denomination will be able to KEEP their'FREEDOM OF RELIGION' our forefathers wanted us to have!

---------------------
Catholics in Connecticut: mobilize to fight ... Proposed Bill #1098/2009
Catholic Family News ^ | March 7, 2009 | Father Greg J. Markey

Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 11:30:59 AM by Oakleaf

Catholic Family News • March 7, 2009

Write to the Senator and Representative - Show Up for the Rally on March 11!

(More details also at http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/03/connecticut-state-legislature-introduced-bill-10982009/)

(Text of bill at http://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/TOB/S/2009SB-01098-R00-SB.htm)

This past Thursday, March 5, the Judiciary Committee of the Connecticut State Legislature, which is chaired by Sen. Andrew McDonald of Stamford and Rep. Michael Lawlor of East Haven, introduced a bill that directly attacks the Roman Catholic Church and our Faith.

This bill violates the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. It forces a radical reorganization of the legal, financial, and administrative structure of our parishes. This is contrary to the Apostolic nature of the Catholic Church because it disconnects parishes from their Pastors and their Bishop. Parishes would be run by boards from which Pastors and the Bishop would be effectively excluded.

This bill, moreover, is a thinly-veiled attempt to silence the Catholic Church on the important issues of the day, such as same-sex marriage.

The State has no right to interfere in the internal affairs and structure of the Catholic Church. This bill is directed only at the Catholic Church but could someday be forced on other denominations. The State has no business controlling religion.

The Pastors of our Diocese are doing an exemplary job of sound stewardship and financial accountability, in full cooperation with their parishioners.

For the State Legislature — which has not reversed a $1 billion deficit in this fiscal year — to try to manage the Catholic Church makes no sense. The Catholic Church not only lives within her means but stretches her resources to provide more social, charitable, and educational services than any other private institution in the State. This bill threatens those services at a time when the State is cutting services. The Catholic Church is needed now more than ever.

We reject this irrational, unlawful, and bigoted bill that jeopardizes the religious liberty of our Church.

We urge you to call and e-mail Sen. McDonald and Rep. Lawlor:

Senator Andrew McDonald: Capitol phone: (800) 842-1420; Home phone: (203) 348-7439 E-mail: McDonald@senatedems.ct.gov

Representative Michael Lawlor: Capitol phone: (800) 842-8267; Home phone: (203) 469-9725 E-mail: MLawlor99@juno.com

We also ask you to come to Hartford this Wednesday, March 11, to be present at the public hearing. Details on bus transportation will be available on Monday. If you would like to attend, contact your Pastor.

It is up to us to stop this unbridled abuse of governmental power

It is time for us to defend our First Amendment rights.

It is time for us to defend our Church!

- From Bridgeport Diocese webpage ALSO AVAILABLE IN SPANISH FROM Diocesean webpage

--------------------------------------------
Constitution/Conservatism;
If you are not a Roman Catholic and think this has nothing to do with you, just remember the following:

When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent; I was not a communist. When they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent; I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews, I remained silent; I was not a Jew.

When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

(And from then on they shouted 'Heil Hitler' until America and her allies restored his freedom}

If THEY can do this to the Catholic Church they can do this to any Church.

If they are able to do this to the Catholic Church they WILL do it to the other Churches and Temples!
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-11-12

People of Faith - Beware! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People of Faith - Beware!   People of Faith - Beware! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Hattie, do you happen to know if any other state regulates the business side of religious organizations or is this something entirely new?

Religious organizations are not entirely free of government laws and regulations. For example, the justice system in many jurisdictions prosecuted individual priests in that awful pedophile scandal. And many Archdioceses have been civically sued in court. I know the Los Angeles Archdioceses settled numerious suits for over 600 million dollars.

I've honestly never heard of government regulating the internal business affairs of the church and on the surface it seems that they should not be involved. But then the question comes up, if there was internal fraud or deceit or outright stealing should the government play a roll in investigating and prosecuting?

Art
Back to top Go down

People of Faith - Beware!
Page 1 of 1