THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

Obama Islamic Speech in First 100 Days!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Obama Islamic Speech in First 100 Days! Empty
PostSubject: Obama Islamic Speech in First 100 Days!   Obama Islamic Speech in First 100 Days! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Newsmax.com
Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:14 PM
By: Jim Meyers

Obama: Islamic Speech in First 100 Days

Barack Obama is considering making a major foreign policy speech in an Islamic capital during his first 100 days as president in an effort to mend rifts between the U.S. and the Muslim world.

Helene Cooper of The New York Times spoke to several sources, including diplomats, about which Islamic capital Obama might choose, and the consensus was Cairo, Egypt.

The reason: Process of elimination.

A speech in Baghdad would appear to validate the Iraq war, which Obama opposed. A visit to Damascus, the Syrian capital, “would look as if he was rewarding the Syrians and it’s too soon for that,” Ziad Asali, president of the American Task Force on Palestine, told Cooper.

Asali also ruled out:

Ramallah on the West Bank, noting that “Palestinians seek Jerusalem as their capital.”

Tehran in Iran. “Too soon for that.” Amman, Jordan. “Been there, done that.”

Islamabad, Pakistan. “Too dangerous.”

Ankara, Turkey. “Too safe.”

As for Jakarta, Indonesia, where Obama spent part of his youth, “people would yawn about that,” said Asali.

One of Obama’s foreign policy advisers ruled out Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and other capitals around the Persian Gulf.

Cooper concluded: “It’s got to be Cairo. Egypt is perfect. It’s certainly Muslim enough, populous enough and relevant enough. It’s an American ally, but there are enough tensions in the relationship that the choice will feel bold.”

Whatever capital Obama might choose, press reports don’t explain why the new president feels it necessary to give a speech so early in his new administration.

During the presidential campaign Obama indicated U.S. foreign policy was too skewed in favor of Israel and that he would seek to balance that approach in his administration.

He was also dogged with claims that he was a secret Muslim, an accusation he denied.

In fact, Obama had been raised a Muslim and converted to Christianity after meeting the Rev. Jeremiah Wright in his 20s after he moved to Chicago.

Obama was born to a Kenyan father who was a Muslim. His mother divorced this man and later remarried an Indonesian muslim who became Obama’s stepfather.

The couple moved to Indonesia with the young Obama. There he was registered at two schools as a Muslim student.

Earlier this year, Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs claimed: "Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian."

But in his autobiography, "Dreams From My Father," Obama mentions studying the Koran and describes the public school as "a Muslim school." Obama’s campaign web site later removed the claim made by Gibbs that Obama was never a Muslim.
Finis!
-------------------------
Oh, brother! Just what we need! BO making a speech to the Muslims in a Muslim capital? What for? Does he think everyone is gonna sing Kumbaya after he gives his talk? That they're all gonna hug and kiss each other and everyone else - including their enemies - and us?!

Those mullahs over there in the Muslim world would certainly like to arrange for his early demise and create such conflict as the world has not seen since 1914!

I can just see the guys in the Secret Service knocking their heads against brick walls because of the security risks this guy will present! Man, if BO wants to take some hits I guess that's his business but don't force us into another global conflict - one which we may never ever recover from! I hope this guy, our president ELECT , knows what he's doing when he finally does become POTUS!

This POTUS should stay home in the USA and try to solve all the problems we have here now! I don't care what the Muslims think about Americans, I don't care what anyone thinks about Americans! We are not an evil country although we seem to have a lot of stupid people in our midst who actually do perorm evil deeds - but the greater number of Americans are generous people who spend hours and hours and much money trying to help and provide for others in our own country and in the rest of the world!

Fix the problems in our own country first Mr. O before trying to fix the problems in the Muslim world! After all - they've been killing each other for thousands of years, what makes BO think he can unite them all now?

He surely must believe that he is the 'Anointed One' but I have news for him, he ain't!

Hattie! Neutral
Back to top Go down

Obama Islamic Speech in First 100 Days!
Page 1 of 1