THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

Scrolling sideways

Go down 
+3
GFyre
JUST HENRY
cactus_jack
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 11:45 am

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I solved the need to scroll sideways.

I have two monitors and just replaced one with a 25" widescreen monitor and now the MSNTV*COMMUNITY 2 page is completely viewable without scrolling sideways and I even have space around it.

As you can see in the image the new widescreen monitor is a much wider configuration than the original mac monitor on the right.

In the picture below I have the same page in both monitors and would have to scroll sideways to see the entire page on the mac, but the wide screen monitor on the left shows the whole page with space to spare.

I can only assume the coding for this page must be intended for the newer wide screens.
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Then that must be as they say the SHAPE of things 2 come and maybe the option used now is the best there is .
Back to top Go down
GFyre

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6968
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 pm

No,. I don't think so, and I'll tell you why, I have a 15.4 inch laptop screen and I don't have to scroll with either sheen- TV2 or the HP Vista !

TV2 screen is 19" on an old Panasonic.

alien

Fyre
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks GF

On the lappy does it say what the display is 980 x 420 or some such thing
( I spaced after thing , I often space in emails even , or space return to put my text where I want it ) thing was last word on my non resised screen , and now when I resized and scrolled it still was , but on line 2 it changed from put to my .

cactus_jack

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Gfyre my mac screen is set to 1024X768 (stretched)

and my new 25" monitor is set at 1440X900

How does that compare to your laptop setting?
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:41 pm

I had a Brother Word processor some years back with like a 12" screen but it had WYSWYG ( what you see is what you get ) display It was nice !

I even designed , layed out and printed the master menu for a friend of mines small Cafe .

Note above that the enter did move it to a new line as I am going to do now
also . I did see it does look diff in post . Now I have came back and did a spcace that jumped it in the text box but I did not use enter .
( space enter , see how it did not start a new line ? )

Last edited by JUST HENRY on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : test)
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 pm

GFyre wrote:
No,. I don't think so, and I'll tell you why, I have a 15.4 inch laptop screen and I don't have to scroll with either sheen- TV2 or the HP Vista !

TV2 screen is 19" on an old Panasonic.

alien

Fyre
I'm not so sure, either. It seems to fit proper on both TV & laptops from what I've read here. Also, if it were in the coding,
why does my screen get bigger by simply Logging In? confused
Before signing in, I have a inch(each side) to spare on a 17" monitor. Sign in, and I have to scroll. Anywhoooo, so Jack,
what made you pop for that big a monitor?
You watch movies or something? How big is that smaller one pictured, looks like lots of wasted space on it. Now you've got
me itching for a bigger one myself. Laughing

Probably that Dell 21.5 model. Whatcha buy? An Apple product or something else.

Last edited by Tiz on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LuluBelleBrown

LuluBelleBrown

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:20 pm

When I was not logged in I still had to scroll sideways, only in this thread. Also I was not able to post until I logged in. That's different than previously.

bounce

Lulu
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:27 pm

This is really strange! Now I don't have to scroll unless I go to posting! Even logged in I have the full page showing but as soon as I go to post I need to scroll! Mad
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:35 pm

LuluBelleBrown wrote:
When I was not logged in I still had to scroll sideways, only in this thread. Also I was not able to post until I logged in. That's different than previously.

bounce

Lulu

I edited out that long link I had posted hopeing that had stretched this thread.....dunno. How do you post here w/o signing
in? Guest? confused
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Tiz wrote:
LuluBelleBrown wrote:

bounce

Lulu

I edited out that long link I had posted hopeing that had stretched this thread.....dunno. How do you post here w/o signing
in? Guest? confused
I don't think you can post without signing in!

Now this page is only taking up 2/3rds of the desktop. It's really inconsistent. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:47 pm

I just Logged out, read this Thread and had an inch to spare(each side) on my screen. Damned if'n I know. Suspect
Back to top Go down

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: posting   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:14 pm

I will try to post as Guest.

Lulu
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:18 pm

cactus_jack wrote:

Now this page is only taking up 2/3rds of the desktop. It's really inconsistent. Laughing

So guy's do you think the flaw is in the forum coding or something in the posts that doe's it , like the smiles ?

I just notice times right but not day so must be 12 or 24 hours off!

cactus_jack

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Well I'm signed in and the page isn't filling my screen even when I'm posting this.
Back to top Go down

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Well, when I'm logged in I have to scroll.

Lulu

omg
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Well, when I'm logged in I have to scroll.

Lulu

omg

Click on the picture

Picture 2
Uploaded with plasq's Skitch!
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:12 pm

Is that on your 25inch monitor Jack?

LuLu(guest) scratch , what were you on........TV2 or Mac?

My suggestion would be for Suzy (bounce) to email the owners of this phpbb site and get them to "look" at it on both
a laptop & desktop monitor. When it was changed so PCs didn't have to scroll, TV2ers had problems.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Yeah that's the 25" monitor.
Back to top Go down
LuluBelleBrown

LuluBelleBrown

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Tiz,

I was on the Mac. I have no problem on the TV2.

Lulu (aka Guest)

pcwave
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:16 pm

JerryJerry
Is there always an ad right on an item ?

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6968
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:46 am

cactus_jack wrote:
Gfyre my mac screen is set to 1024X768 (stretched)

and my new 25" monitor is set at 1440X900

How does that compare to your laptop setting?

It's 1280 x 800 .

alien

Fyre
Back to top Go down
Suzy
Admin
Suzy

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 1:26 am

Ya we are looking at formats.And maybe will get this one for both.So far they sugest firfox,lol.
Nobody cares about webtv/msntv so we ar sorrta on our own.
I'm still lookin
Suz
Back to top Go down
https://msntvcommunity2.forumotion.com
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Suzy wrote:
Ya we are looking at formats.And maybe will get this one for both.So far they sugest firfox,lol.
I'm still lookin
Suz

Did they mean Firefox( the browser) or firfox(some kind of phpp)? I don't think it's a matter over nobody cares about TV2,
this format looks good on it. Just wish they'd come up with something like Nutz. Idea
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Suzy wrote:
I'm still lookin
Suz

Strange thing about the too wide page is I have only had the problem one time on the widescreen monitor. I have both Safari and FireFox browsers and the page fits fine using either accept for the one time yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrolling sideways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolling sideways   Scrolling sideways Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrolling sideways
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE COMMUNITY :: Political Playground-
Jump to: