THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

"Free" Phone Service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

"Free" Phone Service Empty
PostSubject: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Anybody tried this?

http://www.magicjack.com/3/?mid=306418
Back to top Go down
Suzy
Admin
Suzy

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 5:59 pm

I haven't,but I was told if I got a headset I could use skype for free without buying anything.

A google bring up a bunch of topics/links.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=phone+free+online&aq=o&oq=

Would be nice to know someone who uses this type of service first hand.
Suzy
Back to top Go down
https://msntvcommunity2.forumotion.com
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 10:36 am

I checked the reviews at Epinions and they weren't very good. Poor service, conversations interrupted, etc.
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5531
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Suzy wrote:
I haven't,but I was told if I got a headset I could use skype for free without buying anything.

OK qoute needs resize on tv2 unit.
But preview shows it good . Naji and other in Nutz use skype .
we can not on tv2 we can not down load .
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:55 pm

bbqbob wrote:
Anybody tried this?

I don't like the idea of keeping my PC all day/night to get phone reception. My brother has that Vonage that you see on TV. The reception is horrible in his area as it piggy-backs on the cable/broadband connection.
If cable goes out, so does your phone.
Back to top Go down
tismike

tismike

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:57 pm

Tiz wrote:
bbqbob wrote:
Anybody tried this?

I don't like the idea of keeping my PC all day/night to get phone reception. My brother has that Vonage that you see on TV. The reception is horrible in his area as it piggy-backs on the cable/broadband connection.

Tiz,

I have Charter Cable Bundled Service. Internet Broadband, TV and Phone Service. All three services have been excellent.

Also there could be a loss of one or more services and the remaining services would/could be still functioning.

Obviously if the coaxial cable feed should breal,, then of course all services will cease. Not unlike if a telephone transmission line should break.

Take care,
Back to top Go down
Suzy
Admin
Suzy

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 1:30 am

Came across this....Say's it's a broadband phone system
http://www.viatalkfree.com/
Need to make a quick call? Try viatalkfree.com and don’t pay a penny. Enter your area code and phone number in addition to the digits you’d like to dial. Get talking and enjoy up to 10 minutes of talk time. It’s on us!
Back to top Go down
https://msntvcommunity2.forumotion.com
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:18 pm

tismike wrote:
Tiz wrote:
bbqbob wrote:
Anybody tried this?

Tiz,

I have Charter Cable Bundled Service. Internet Broadband, TV and Phone Service. All three services have been excellent.

Also there could be a loss of one or more services and the remaining services would/could be still functioning.

Obviously if the coaxial cable feed should breal,, then of course all services will cease. Not unlike if a telephone transmission line should break.

Take care,

Long story, short. Yesterday, a tenant asked me to see why he lost power in his unit. He had Comcast digital phone but couldn't make a call.
Strange, guess the phone wasn't charged enough before he lost power.
According to this article, the phone has a limited backup if power goes out. And the difference I spoke of between Vonage & other digital phone companies. This explains my brother's crappy reception and is probably what MagicJack uses, too.
.........................................................................................................................................................
How Does Comcast Phone Service Differ from Vonage?

Comcast phone service and Vonage both use the Internet protocol to packetize voice, and transmit the voice packets as if they were data. The key difference is that Comcast phone service operates over a private, managed digital network and Vonage operates over the public Internet. The public Internet can get congested, and this translates to delays or dropped packets. A managed private network does not have these issues - imagine that your voice data is traveling on a private road instead of a crowded freeway. This means you get the convenience and added features associated with VoIP without sacrificing call quality.

Comcast phone service also offers these additional services not provided by most Internet phone companies:

Battery back up so your phone still works in the event of a power failure for several hours
Professional installation
All phone jacks in your home will be usable
Triple-play service; one bill for Internet, voice, and television
Full compatibility with most home alarm systems
Do you want the benefits of the added features and online call
management offered by VoIP without the loss of call quality? A digital
phone service such as Comcast offers the best of both worlds. Digital phone services such as Comcast use the latest technology without sacrificing the quality and service you expect from your home phone company.
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Tiz wrote:
Long story, short. Yesterday, a tenant asked me to see why he lost power in his unit.

Unit being apartment , why had he lost pwr ?
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:02 pm

It was raining and 71 degrees yesterday. Said when they turned the heat on( confused confused ) and started cooking
on the stove, the circuit breaker outside flicked off.
There is a main breaker outside by the electric meter box on every unit. I re-set the breaker but that's the end of my
electric knowledge.
That's what our electrician is paid for. lol!
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Sound like some personal problems !

Do you have a method for reporting to someone , that should not have tripped the main breaker .

Admin
Tiz

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:40 pm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/320/RipOff0320581.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Free" Phone Service   "Free" Phone Service Empty

Back to top Go down

"Free" Phone Service
Page 1 of 1