THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

Arizona Law

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eyemaratzass

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Arizona Law Empty
PostSubject: Arizona Law   Arizona Law EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 am

There is a law on its way to passage in Arizona that requires women who take birth control pills covered by employer provided health insurance to reveal to the employer that they are taking the pill and proving the purpose for which it is taken. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that this would be a mandated violation of medical privacy laws.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Arizona Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Law   Arizona Law EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Don't you think you should wait to see if it passes before you try making an issue out of it?

Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Arizona Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Law   Arizona Law EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:31 pm

For a political party who believes in a small government and staying out of citizens' private lives why are they so interested in overseeing what goes on in our doctor's office and in our bedrooms?

In Virgina there's legislation that was introduced by Republicans that would require an invasive medical procedure done on a woman before she could lawfully have an abortion. The governor has yet to decide if he will sign the bill into law.

Conservatives love to gang up on women. They want them barefoot and pregnant without the same rights men have. As had been said many times, if it were men who got pregnant there would be no laws regulating the outcome.

Art
Back to top Go down
eyemaratzass

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Arizona Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Law   Arizona Law EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Man, you sure are touchy today, Jack. Not being a resident of your fair state I actually don't give a rat's ass what your crackpot legislature does. I was was just raising a question that I think would occur naturally to Arizona residents. I would remind you that raising a question about an invasive law in Virgina before its passage had quite an effect.
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Arizona Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Law   Arizona Law EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:50 pm

A snip about the bill:
A bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Debbie Lesko is nearing passage in the Republican-led Legislature allows all employers, not just religious institutions, to opt out of providing contraceptive coverage when doing so would violate their religious or moral beliefs.

When a female worker uses birth control pills, which can be used to treat a number of medical conditions, the bill would allow an employer who opted out to require her to reveal what she was taking it for in order to get reimbursed.

Critics say the bill allows employers to violate their worker's privacy.

"Leave the care of medicine to women and their doctors," said Democratic state Rep. Lela Alston.

Arizona is among at least 26 states that generally require that health plans cover contraceptives, though it's also among those that let churches and other religious entities opt out of providing the coverage, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Under the Arizona bill, employers who opt out could make women provide documentation from their health care provider.

Liza Love, a mental health worker, testified Monday before a Senate committee to oppose the bill, saying she would be required to disclose that she needed contraceptives to treat endometriosis, which is excessive growth of the uterine lining.

"That's nothing that you as my employer ... have a right to know," she said.
So Jack conveniently side-steps the issue and proceeds to post yet another half dozen Obama threads as distractions.

Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Arizona Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Law   Arizona Law EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:00 pm

bigartie wrote:
For a political party who believes in a small government and staying out of citizens' private lives why are they so interested in overseeing what goes on in our doctor's office and in our bedrooms?

In Virgina there's legislation that was introduced by Republicans that would require an invasive medical procedure done on a woman before she could lawfully have an abortion. The governor has yet to decide if he will sign the bill into law.

Art

Yep, it passed.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57392796-503544/virginia-gov-bob-mcdonnell-signs-virginia-ultrasound-bill/
'Amid continued protests from Democrats, Republican Governor Bob McDonnell on Wednesday signed into law a controversial bill requiring Virginia women to undergo an ultrasound procedure prior to having an abortion.'

So much for big government staying out of our lives :bwahaha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arizona Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Law   Arizona Law Empty

Back to top Go down

Arizona Law
Page 1 of 1