THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps Empty
PostSubject: Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps   Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 am

Federal Appeals Court Tells Obama He Violated the Constitution and Abused Power

A federal appeals court has ruled that President Obama violated the Constitution when he bypassed the Senate to fill vacancies on the National Labor Relations Board. This is the US Court of Appeals for the DC circuit. It said that Obama did not have the power to make recess appointments earlier this year to the NLRB. The Senate was not in recess. I'll never forget this. The Senate wasn't in recess and he made recess appointments.

There was barely any outrage over that. I mean, there was outrage here because the Constitution's revered here on this program, but out there in the hinterlands, it was, "Well, so what? Obama was elected, he should be able to put whoever he wants on these boards. We love the government. The government's looking out for us. The government's taking care of us. The National Labor Relations Board is making sure the people who have jobs have good relations. What's the point? What does it matter who Obama -- shouldn't he have his people in there?" This is the reaction. What difference does it make? What difference does it make because, hell, Obama won, and who says he can't do what he wants to do? That's what his supporters are all saying.

Well, there's this thing called the Constitution. Now, the president said that he acted properly because the Senate was away for the holidays. That may have been, but they were not shut down. The court says that the Senate technically stayed in session when lawmakers gaveled in and out every few days for so-called pro forma session. I remember this quite well. I forget the specific reason, but there was a reason why they didn't, the Senate -- Harry Reid was playing games. I think there was a way for the president to do what he did. Reid was playing games, shutting the place down for a couple hours or a couple of days and Obama would make his appointments.

Anyway, "Republicans used the tactic specifically to prevent Obama from using his recess power to fill vacancies in an agency they claimed was too pro-union." I'm reading now from the AP story. Now, this decision's gonna be appealed to the Supreme Court. This is not over. But it's a major statement. It's a major statement. The DC Circuit Court of Appeals has essentially said to Barack Obama, you have greatly abused your power, and it is not permitted in our Constitution. You read the summary of the ruling from the court, and it's apparent here -- you know, all kinds of people can file briefs, organizations, institutions, amicus briefs, friend of the court briefs, I want to get in on the action briefs, what difference does it make briefs, I want to play ball here, too, briefs.

Any number of legal groups can file papers, essentially, that the justices read, judges read, hoping to educate them to a particular point of view. I'll tell you if you go through this, there's a fantastic constitutionally based legal foundation, Landmark Legal Foundation, and their arguments appear to be almost universally adopted by the court when you read the rulings. So congratulations to Landmark Legal Foundation. As you know it's headed up by our good buddy here, Mark F. "Lee" Levin. It's a major, major statement for the DC circuit to essentially tell the president of the United States that he has abused his power, he does not have this kind of power.

This is not gonna sit well in the White House. So they'll take it up to the Supreme Court and we'll see what happens from that point on. I think what they'll say is, "What difference does it make? What difference does it make if the president wants to make appointments? What difference does it make whether it's constitutional or not? The Constitution's old-fashioned. Look at the Second Amendment. It was never supposed to be in there. The Constitution doesn't have anything in there, when it was written, about abortion. The Constitution permitted slavery. To hell with the Constitution. What does it matter?" That will be the reaction of many on the pro-Obama side.

"What do you mean separation of powers? Why do we need separation of powers? We think Obama's power's absolute. Why do we need to separate Obama's power?" That would be the low-information voter reaction. "What difference does it make if the president has no limits in his power? The president's a good guy, cares about us, loves us, Santa Claus, why shouldn't he have all the power he wants?" This is what we're gonna be up against.

But we are blessed, folks, seriously, by the fact that there are still serious people who are continuing to work very hard to stop these abuses of power. Congratulations to the Landmark Legal Foundation.

Back to top Go down
eyemaratzass

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps   Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:11 pm

You are just as wrong about the reason for the stock market jump as you were about three years ago when you were crowing that the market dropped every time Obama spoke. I would assume that you are now pleased with the increase in value of you portfolio because Obama kept on speaking. It is certainly not because the Repubs have any accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps   Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

Everything is so simplistic to you leftists! No the value of my portfolio is not up when you you take into account how the value of the dollar has declined due to our national debt.
I doubt my portfolio can keep pace with declinning dollar value and all the new taxes I will be paying in the future like
The ObamaCare Medical Device Manufacturing Tax
The ObamaCare High Medical Bills Tax
The ObamaCare Flexible Spending Account CapĀ 
The ObamaCare Surtax on Investment Income
The ObamaCare Medicare Payroll Tax increase
How much has your health insurance gone up under Obama? Mine has increased significantly!

How much more money are you going to owe the government when the debt ceiling is raised?

How much of your tax money is going to be squandered on companies like Solyndra?

How much further in debt will you and I be as we borrow more and more money from foreign countries to support failed social programs?

Where do you think we are going to get the money to pay our national debt with a real unemployment rate of 23%?

You on the left conveniently ignore the fact that we have half a million fewer people employed today than when Obama took office.

We will owe $133,728,304,681.78 on the interest of our national debt for 2013 alone and I just have to wonder where you think Obama is going to get the money to pay that off?

I just wonder if anyone on the left even has a clue?

Notice how Obamacare was structured to have the largest tax increases occur after Obama leaves office.

Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps B2402_chart1_1
Back to top Go down
eyemaratzass

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps   Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 am

You went to a hell of a lot of trouble to evade a reply to my post which concerned the reason for the stock market increase. If your portfolio hasn't kept up with an icrease of over 60 % increase in the Dow since Obama took office you should consider getting a new investment adviser.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps   Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Oh please! Your just like the Warmists that like to point at high temperatures where they can find them but ignore what's happening everywhere else!

When you say the market is up 60 points, you are of course ignoring the fact that when Obama took office in 2008 the market dropped 500 points in one day.

If you think my portfolio is better today than it would be had Obama not have been elected you clearly don't have a clue about real world value and will you point pout what will happen to the market in the coming months when investors realize what Obama is doing to the economy?

Do you really think the dollars I have invested in the market are worth as much today as they were before Obama took office?

Do you think the dollar is worth as much today as it was before Obama was elected?

If you think you know so much about finance, tell me where we are going to get the money to pay for the US deficit?

We have to borrow the money just to pay the interest on the National Debt! How long do think we can continue to to do this?

Do you believe we can just continue to borrow almost 50% of every dollar we spend?

Our government is running a giant ponzi scheme that sooner or later will catch up to and destroy this countries economy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps   Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps Empty

Back to top Go down

Court Rules Against Obama-Stock Market Jumps
Page 1 of 1