THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

Tablet Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GFyre

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6974
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Tablet Tips Empty
PostSubject: Tablet Tips   Tablet Tips EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm sticking it here until we finally figure out whether Carl is gonna show up with his news feature about GTV ( soon-to-be aka Android TV)

Beware of Snooze Buying  ( a repost from Web-Nuts)

Don't fall asleep while your KF is open to the store, here is what happened to me on 7-19-2012:

I was snoozing just before meetin' time and had my KF ( Kindle Fire 1st gen) on getting some free books, and I glanced at the bookshelf screen where a note was posted:

Problem with your credit card on file

I looked to see what the problem was, I had accidentally clicked on,

" Fifty Shades of Grey " Bundle $29.99

,while I dozed off, I was trying to stay awake for a meeting. . so it was a jerk sleep type of deal. ( I don't know how it went through considering one has to click twice to buy a book!)

After I got over the shock, I immediately tried to get rid of the book bundle . . whereas they have a way for you to cancel something you bought the usual way, there isn't anyway that I've found using KF. ( Amazon has since put in a way to cancel "sleep clicks")

I physically went to the your account menu and clicked on Your Acct> Digital Orders to try and delete the Book Bundle. Go to Library and delete it there.

I still had to call Amazon.com . The number they post to you is an International phone #! I googled the telephone # and got their 866 [ which is good because I don't have long distance on my phone]

I spoke to Customer Service and we straightened out the whole mess. As I explained to the person what happened and she thought it was funny too. I've "bought" 150 free books and I wouldn't of suddenly bought a bundle for $30 dollars. . especially since I don't read that type of book.

I called my Credit Union, right after speaking with Amazon Customer Service Rep, to see if I was charged at all for not-enough-funds. NOPE! Um there wasn't enough money to buy that book bundle which is why it bounced. ( there was just enough to pay my landline telephone bill whew! Smile )

Let this be a lesson to you --those who snooze will likely lose some extra money if one isn't paying attention! Wink

Wyz

~ Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
GFyre

GFyre

Male

Tablet Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tablet Tips   Tablet Tips EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 pm

For those of us who are artistic in nature it behooves us to find somewhere to store are artistic endeavors , and 5.00 GB isn't enough room. One can download said creations to a PC but if you're on the go and you don't have a PC handy than having an app that provides free storage is ideal !

I'll list, as I find them , ( I haven't tried all of them but I do have several on my Kindle Fire 1gen)what is available for Tablets, smartphones, iPads , etc. here:

Here's one that offers 100GB+ free storage!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jd.surdoc&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qZC5zdXJkb2MiXQ..
[ I don't understand these urls at all ]

Description
SurDoc is your personal cloud. It offers the most totally FREE online storage in the market. It works as a huge cloud drive residing in your mobile device. Besides auto-uploading photos, SurDoc lets you back up, access, view, comment on, sign, & share photos, music, movies, documents & more from unlimited devices:

* Starting from 100GB, you can earn up to 1TB for free by inviting friends (10GB per friend)
* Auto-upload photos, videos, music and more from your mobile device through WiFi
* Auto-backup files from all of your devices to your personal cloud
* Access, view and edit files in your personal cloud regardless of file format without installing or buying any other software or app
* High-fidelity view, best online viewer
* Easy file sharing through links, email, Facebook & Twitter
* Fill out forms, comment on, and add signatures to documents on the go
* Total privacy - SurDoc has zero visibility into your files

WHY CHOOSE SURDOC?
* SurDoc's unique patented TruPrivacy(TM) technology ensures that nobody can see your files but you - not a hacker, not the government, not even SurDoc's CEO!
* SurDoc's unique patented VisiDoc(TM) technology handles documents visually, as intuitively as "pen & paper."
* Generous free space and cheap paid plans. No extra charge for added features.

Great alternative to more expensive services like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Box, Carbonite, Crashplan, SOS Online Backup, Mozy, DocuSign, RightSignature, etc.

Tip: Users can also access their data through the web portal at www.SurDoc.com

==============================================

Dropbox

Description
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Android device, and even the Dropbox website! With the Dropbox app, you can take everything that matters to you on the go.

Read your docs or flip through your albums when you're out and about. Save photos or videos to your Dropbox and share them with friends in just a couple taps. Even if you accidentally leave your Android in a taxi, your stuff is always safe on Dropbox.

Features:
• Always have your stuff with you, no matter where you are.
• Save photos and videos to your Dropbox.
• Share your photos and docs with family and friends.
• Save email attachments straight to your Dropbox.
• Easily edit docs in your Dropbox.

Terms of Service: https://www.dropbox.com/terms?mobile=1

===================================================

Phtotobucket

Description
Taking and sharing pictures and videos just got even smarter!

The Free Photobucket Mobile app helps you access your Photobucket account, find whatever you want, or take pictures and videos and share them with everyone in your network…wherever you’re at.

Instantly share your Photobucket album with your friends and family with Photobucket Mobile. Take a photo or video from your phone and instantly upload it to your album, or browse your Photobucket selections and download your favorites. You can also instantly share to Facebook and Twitter quickly and easily. All your photos – saved for life!

Your Photobucket is now mobile – take it with you, search for images on the go, and share!

• Instantly upload your photos or videos to your Photobucket account.

• Search for photos & videos on Photobucket anywhere, any time.

• Access your Photobucket account on your mobile phone.

• Share your photos and videos on Twitter & Facebook.

• Download photos from your Photobucket account.

• Manage your Photobucket albums from your mobile phone.

• View links to photos & share via email, paste links to your blog, etc.

• Tag your photos for faster finding & access.

Remember: Photobucket for Life!
Back to top Go down
GFyre

GFyre

Male

Tablet Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tablet Tips   Tablet Tips EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:08 pm

I have Amazon's Cloud App on my Kindle Fire and so far no problems.

Amazon Cloud-free 5GB

Product Features

Store and secure thousands of photos with the 5 GB of free storage included with Amazon Cloud Drive
Never lose a photo again - your photos are automatically saved to your Cloud Drive
Upload individual photos or entire albums from your phone or tablet with one simple touch
View your photo albums in stunning layouts from your mobile device or on your computer
Share your Cloud Drive photos on Facebook, through e-mail, and many other apps
Provides the same features as the Photos library on the latest-generation Kindle Fire

Product Description
Never lose the photos from your phone again. 5 GB of free storage is included with Amazon Cloud Drive to protect and store your photos from your phone. Access photos from your Android phone or tablet, your computer, or any web browser. Cloud Drive Photos provides a rich viewing experience similar to the Photos library of the latest-generation Kindle Fire tablets. Your memories: safe and secure in the Cloud.

Tablet Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tablet Tips   Tablet Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Tablet Tips
Page 1 of 1