THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
Bye bye April.

Haupauge TV

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carlszone

Carlszone

Male
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-10-22

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Wow!

I just figured out how to set up the TV feature on my PC.  Somehow I kept missing the Setup Wizard for the channel scan. I'm not even using an antenna. I'm using a regular coaxial cable attached to a small wrench. Lol! It works better than any antenna I've tried so far.

I live about a mile away from the Norfolk air base landing strip and when using an antenna planes would interfere w/the signal. For some reason the cable cord works. Anyone know why? I can walk around and it doesn't affect the signal whereas w/an antenna the signal is interrupted no matter how I position it. Or I end up clicking that stupid dial to bring in each channel.

I know it seems silly, but I've had hell learning Win 8. Then I got hit w/the Win 8.1 update and I was really lost!

Last night I finally did a PC refresh which I dreaded. But I was able to get rid of all the viruses and addons I inadvertently collected along the way. It seems every virus remover I tried would leave me w/something worse than what I was trying to cure. Or the cleaner would do a scan & then ask for money to remove the virus.

Still learning...

Carl
Back to top Go down
nquale

nquale

Number of posts : 32

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Carl you stated before that you do have cable for your tv correct ? if so then it's probably like comcast (xfinity) which used to have about a dozen basic local channels that were open signals. I used to have my cable cord split to my tv and to my pc and I got all of my local channels on my pc but about 2 months ago comcast scrambled those local basic channels and the only way I would be able to get those few cable channels is to pay a monthly fee of a couple bucks for a small signal unscrambler box.
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Carlszone

Male

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi

No, I dropped Cox cable a coupla months ago. I've had my Win 8 PC since February. Only last night after doing a sys refresh did I figure out how to access the Haupauge TV. My HDTV fell & shattered a few weeks ago. I borrowed an old monitor from a friend and hadn't had TV until now. The monitor doesn't have a TV tuner and only has a VGA connector. The coaxial cable isn't linked to anything except the computer at one end and a small wrench at the other. And the reception is perfect!

I kid you not...

Carl
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Carlszone

Male

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh, just so ya know. I am talking about OTA local channels.
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Carlszone

Male

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:58 pm

I've been using set top boxes so long I've never really honed my skills using the PCs I've owned. With the Haupauge TV I'm finding even more advantages than using my Sony GS-7 GTV. By clicking on the TV picture I find that it resizes. From Full Screen to half size w/controls viewable to PIP. It even moves itself to the lower right corner of the monitor. When I open IE the webpage formats to allow for the TV. So for instance as I type this message the webpage is half-screen w/the pip below.

Really cool...

Carl

Back to top Go down
nquale

nquale

Number of posts : 32

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Carl you should also be able to record tv channels by using I think Windows Media player. If I remember right you first need to have WMP do a search of your tv listings , once all of your tv shows are listed in the guide then when you click onto a show you should be given a button to record the show.
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Carlszone

Male

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Yes, that was what I had been missing. The app kept loading the recorded TV schedule which of course was empty. I tested recording and it worked just like a DVR. Pausing Live TV, etc.

Thanks

Carl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haupauge TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haupauge TV   Haupauge TV Empty

Back to top Go down

Haupauge TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE COMMUNITY :: PC COMMUNITY-
Jump to: