THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
Bye bye April.

AT&T vs Cox Cable?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GFyre

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6963
Registration date : 2008-11-11

AT&T vs Cox Cable? Empty
PostSubject: AT&T vs Cox Cable?   AT&T vs Cox Cable? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Which is better in the long run?  We're currently looking at AT&T after over 30+ years of being with Cox. com because we're paying  $70 a month for just BB ( BroadBand), and  AT&T is offering for the 1st year 14.95 and thereafter $40+.   We don't have a TV so no need for all those channels, and our telephone is Land-line with AT&T.

We don't have a smartphone, wireless phone or anything along that nature, but do  we  have 5 wireless devices , and 1 wired .

Our dilemma is we currently have 250 GB data cap with Cox and with AT&T it appears to be 150GB, I play PC games online and occasionally watch Amazon Prime Vids  , and watch a lot of YouTube. . so what is the better deal ?

Actually never mind, I just looked at what Cox is giving us . . and we'll stay for now.  10 email address plus FREE CLOUD STORAGE for large files ( not that I need anymore free cloud storage I upgraded my 4 SkyDrive, now to be called OneDrive, accts to 25GBs when it was first offered)

On the other hand my speed test via Cox shows some oddness :

Down   = 4 Mbps   Up = 21.17 Mbps  1:45pm

Down = 47.66 Mbps  Up=16.40 Mbps  1:47 PM

Why that big of a jump within a few minutes?

iPlayer BBC has been buffering today and just isn't playing well at all.  [ insert bashing PC icon here]

TIA

alien  

Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2008-11-07

AT&T vs Cox Cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT&T vs Cox Cable?   AT&T vs Cox Cable? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Well You have BB cut the phone , get the Basic Talk voip device at Walmart , then house phone only $10 per . get a cordless with several handsets , I got mine on CL cheap . ( have the device hooking it up soon )

GFyre

Male
Number of posts : 6963
Registration date : 2008-11-11

AT&T vs Cox Cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT&T vs Cox Cable?   AT&T vs Cox Cable? EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:32 am

LandLine is $6-8 dollars a month...we have State LifeLine where they pay most of the telephone bill. Since, we got rid of long distance after the passing of two relatives that we called long distance, our 'phone bill was only being used to make Drs apps and Pizza Delivery no need for anything super special.

Ka'at occasionally calls/ receives some to/from her former co-workers for a chuckle or two. I don't talk on the telephone , never cared for it.

I do talk for business...just not social.

alien
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2008-11-07

AT&T vs Cox Cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT&T vs Cox Cable?   AT&T vs Cox Cable? EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Boy even after LifeLine and without LD mine was higher . now have the LL cell for when away from home .

AT&T vs Cox Cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT&T vs Cox Cable?   AT&T vs Cox Cable? Empty

Back to top Go down

AT&T vs Cox Cable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE COMMUNITY :: PC COMMUNITY-
Jump to: