THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

What Is Spam

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

What Is Spam Empty
PostSubject: What Is Spam   What Is Spam EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 am

How do I help?

Here's a couple of things to watch out for:

"unsubscribe" - Unless you actually "subscribed" to this email DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE
Why? Because if it's actually spam then you just verified your email address and your email address value just tripled and will be sold to millions.

"Sign20Up" - Limit what you sign up for. Make sure when you do that they have a privacy policy forbidding them to give/sell your email address.

"BCC" - When you send emails to friends/groups, etc. put yourself in the "To" and the group in "BCC". Many email addresses are harvested from emails that are sent to multiples in the "To" where everyone can see and "harvest".

ANTIVIRUS - MOST IMPORTANT! -.

IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT TO KEEP YOUR COMPUTER FREE OF VIRUS' AT ALL TIMES. If you have a computer that is not protected with CURRENT LICENSED AND UPDATED antivirus then you most likely are contributing to the delinquency of these people. Purchase, install, update and scan immediately. If the A/V will not remove the virus then call your neighborhood geek to manually remove/disinfect the computer.

Hope this sheds some light!
Back to top Go down

What Is Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Spam   What Is Spam EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 9:47 am

I agree with everything Bob said.We had AVG FREE on our computer and even so some stuff just slipped by.We decided to put Kaspersky on,but when we wenbt to unistall the AVG we had a horrible timeWhat Is Spam Confused_smiley
We finally got a computer wiz to get all of it cleaned out and we are happier with the Caspersky so far flower
Good Question though,What protection does everyone have running on their computers?
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

What Is Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Spam   What Is Spam EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:43 pm

zackorysir wrote:
I agree with everything Bob said.We had AVG FREE on our computer and even so some stuff just slipped by.We decided to put Kaspersky on,but when we wenbt to unistall the AVG we had a horrible timeWhat Is Spam Confused_smiley
We finally got a computer wiz to get all of it cleaned out and we are happier with the Caspersky so far flower
Good Question though,What protection does everyone have running on their computers?

I use McAfee. My mail is set pretty high also so I rarely get spam. If I get a Forward with a bizillion names on it, I usually just delete it.
Back to top Go down
tismike

tismike

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-11-12

What Is Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Spam   What Is Spam EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 3:42 pm

McAfee Security Suite. Windows Defender. Spam not an issue.
Back to top Go down
Suzy
Admin
Suzy

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-06

What Is Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Spam   What Is Spam EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 3:05 pm

I purchased mcafee with this dell and it was slow and always telling me something,plus I got a nasty and had to wipe the whole thing out to get rid of it after many hrs on the phone with mcafee and dell and microsoft/msn.
Now I have windows one care and it does everything silently in the background and I love it.
I never had spam till I signed up to do surveys on a dif user and now it get 100's of spams a day but they do go to junk.
Suzy
Back to top Go down
https://msntvcommunity2.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

What Is Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Spam   What Is Spam Empty

Back to top Go down

What Is Spam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE COMMUNITY :: PC COMMUNITY-
Jump to: