THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
Bye bye April.

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!

Go down 
+2
Hattie
cactus_jack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! Empty
PostSubject: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:57 pm

What have we gotten ourselves into!

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.
A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that

the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

Last edited by cactus_jack on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:59 am

I actually thought that Obama (and every other Prez) pledged an oath to UPHOLD the Constitution!!!!!!!! What in blue blazes does he think he's doing -- or -- is he looking forward to being more than the Commander-in-Chief???? If so, then what happens to this country! Wonder if this is brewng in BO's mind BECAUSE of a Gitmo judge who REFUSED to STOP trials for one or more of the terrorists imprisoned there?????

Hattie!

P.S. - What happens if many in the military REFUSE to pledge a REQUIRED loyaly oath to B.O. if such a pledge should actually be requested????? Or - demanded??????

Oh, yes - I read in our local newspaper yesterday that the Charleston Navy Brig is high on the list for dumping Gitmo residents! Something local residents ARE NOT VERY HAPPY about!
Other military brigs in California and also Leavenworth are being considered! Well, just how about ALCATRAZ?????? Let Nancy Pelosi deal with that - then she can go visit them and bring them 'goodie bag's every Visitor's Day to show them American people don't hate them!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:52 am

I've been thinking about this and the thought comes to me that if the military pledged their oaths to BO and not the constitution BO could conceivably use the military against US citizens!

The constitution prohibits using the military against US citizens, but what if for example BO decided to confiscate privately owned guns from the citizens. The military would be the best force to accomplish gun confiscation.

If the military pledged it's allegiance to BO rather than the constitution, BO would be able to use the military to quash civil unrest as well.

This is really troubling and bothers me more than anything else BO has done or said!

Think Castro or Chavez.
Back to top Go down
LuluBelleBrown

LuluBelleBrown

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:18 pm

This is scary stuff! I'm still trying to digest the news about the income tax "glitches," Daschle being the latest!

thumbsdown

Lulu
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:41 pm

I can't believe the educated people here fell for this piece of mis-information. Please go to snopes.com and type in the search box "Obama military pledge" and you'll not only see that this garbage is absolutely false but you'll get an explanation, too.

I'm unable to copy anything from the snopes site with the Deuce for some reason, otherwise I would have printed it here.

I wish the conservatives who hate Obama so much wouldn't be so anxious to believe anything derogatory said about him. Think, people!! If something sounded as screwy as this wouldn't it have been wise to check it out before rushing to condemnation?

Art
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Snopes evidently doesn't allow CC& P'ing. Here is the Link, though.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/oath.asp
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Art I'm glad I was wrong on that and yes I should have checked it out, but knowing BO's past associations and some of what he had written about in collage it didn't surprise me.

I only wish you had been as diligent in checking out the rumors about Sarah Palin when your comrades accused her of being the mother of her daughter's baby or of her having had an affair with her husbands partner or of her never have been out of the country. There were a bunch more you could have checked on but didn't, so I guess the educated people on the left were and can be negligent too.

Oh wait, those rumors were started by the educated lefties!

Anyway here is the snopes article...

FALSE

Example: [Collected via e-mail, January 2009]

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution

Conservative News and Reporting
"News for the Rest of Us"
Michele Chang

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

Origins: The above-referenced

January 2009 item about the Obama administration's purportedly planning to have soldiers and officers of the U.S. military pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President rather than to the to Constitution is neither a genuine news article nor reflective of actual news; it's a bit of satire (which is tagged as such) from the Jumping in Pools blog. That same blog has posted other similar items of political satire, such as entries claiming Deputy Attorney General David Ogden is circulating an executive order which would ban firearms possession by persons over 60, and that President Obama's staff is working on a program to create an "America Scouts" program for children between the ages of 4 and 18.

Last updated: 30 January 2009
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm

" only wish you had been as diligent in checking out the rumors about Sarah Palin when your comrades accused her of being the mother of her daughter's baby or of her having had an affair with her husbands partner or of her never have been out of the country. There were a bunch more you could have checked on but didn't, so I guess the educated people on the left were and can be negligent too"

I believe there was a lot of mis-information circulating around all the candidates during the campaign. It would have been almost a full time job just to determine what was true and what wasn't. But the charge that was levied against Obama in this post just didn't sound right to me; in fact, it would have really angered me if Obama wanted to do what was written here. That's why I decided to see what I could find out about it.

Art
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 am

On snopes use the send to , then ccp from your inbox .

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:24 am

Henry, I never thought of that. Next time I want to copy something at snopes I'll try it. Tnx for the tip.

Art
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:00 am

bigartie wrote:
Henry, I never thought of that. Next time I want to copy something at snopes I'll try it. Tnx for the tip.

Art

Artie, I do that for every news article I post here in this forum. That's the only way! Click on where it says 'print' article - it shows up in easy to read format, then CCP it here and voila - there's the article. Am surprised you have not discovered this a long time ago - but then if you're not a news junkie like many of us are and who want to share our information with others - you probably wouldn't bother.
OK! Matter settled - but I'm still leery about BO's background, citizenship, and the people he appoints to powerful positions in this government!
And .... I do enjoy the debates even if they sometimes do get quite heated!
Laughing

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Hattie, don't you think it's time to put the subject of Obama's citizenship to rest? It seems reasonable to me that if he was anything but a natural born citizen of the U.S. it would have been proven long ago. There are so many problems in our country today that need fixing that I would hope everyone would concentrate on that and move on from all the unproven charges of the campaign.

I understand your concern about Obama's previous associations but even taking that into consideration voters elected him by a wide margin. I want to give him a chance and I'll support him just as are the majority of U.S. citizens.

Art
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 7:27 pm

JUST HENRY wrote:
On snopes use the send to , then ccp from your inbox .

Henry, I just now tried what you suggested. Still couldn't copy. All I got was the url and ended up right back at snopes.com where nothing copies for me.

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.

Art
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 8:25 pm

bigartie wrote:
Hattie, don't you think it's time to put the subject of Obama's citizenship to rest? It seems reasonable to me that if he was anything but a natural born citizen of the U.S. it would have been proven long ago. There are so many problems in our country today that need fixing that I would hope everyone would concentrate on that and move on from all the unproven charges of the campaign. Art

Art, when BO releases documents about his citizenship (birth certificate) and his Occidental college and Harvard grades and/or scholarships (just where did he get the money to attend Harvard} since his own mother had trouble raising and feeding him - then I'll rest easy. Every other presidential candidate released certain documents - what's the story about his refusals to do just that?

By the way - went to Snopes and got this url article for you! I don't know what you are doing wrong in attempting to copy and paste - but this should help out!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/oath.asp

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:57 am

bigartie wrote:
Hattie, don't you think it's time to put the subject of Obama's citizenship to rest? It seems reasonable to me that if he was anything but a natural born citizen of the U.S. it would have been proven long ago. There are so many problems in our country today that need fixing that I would hope everyone would concentrate on that and move on from all the unproven charges of the campaign.

I understand your concern about Obama's previous associations but even taking that into consideration voters elected him by a wide margin. I want to give him a chance and I'll support him just as are the majority of U.S. citizens.

Art

Why doesn't BO put it to rest and just produce an original and official birth certificate!

If he is indeed a legitimate citizen why has he allowed this to go on and on when he could have ended the discussion with almost no effort?

Clearly the democratic party is permeated with liars and cheats, so why wouldn't people be suspicious of BO's citizenship?
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 pm

If anyone has credible evidence that Obama is not a natural born citizen of the U.S. then let them come forward with the charges and file suit in federal court to have Obama removed from office.

Oh sure, it'll happen when :whenpigsfly:

Art
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Have at it, Artie! There is much to read and you'll be reading for days and days. If some of this does NOT give you reason to doubt -then nothing will. And it all can be solved at the drop of a hat - that is, if he finally reveals the papers regarding his birth, his finances, everything that you want to know about your president - and much of which he is still hiding!

Hattie!

Google Advanced Search
Preferences

Web Blogs Video Results 1 - 10 of about 156,000 for obama birth certificate lawsuit. (0.34 seconds)

Search ResultsJudge dismisses Obama birth certificate lawsuit

Oct 25, 2008 ... Philip J. Berg A lawsuit filed by Democratic attorney Philip Berg alleging that Sen. Barack Obama is ineligible to be president was ...
www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79086 - 33k - Cached - Similar pages
DNC steps in to silence lawsuit over Obama birth certificate

Oct 4, 2008 ... Philip J. Berg The man suing Sen. Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee for proof of Obama's American citizenship is outraged ...
www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=76933 - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

More results from www.worldnetdaily.com »
America's Right: Obama Sued in Philadelphia Federal Court on ...
Before giving birth, according to the lawsuit, Obama's mother traveled to Kenya with .... The Obama birth certificate, held by FactCheck writer Joe Miller ...
www.americasright.com/2008/08/obama-sued-in-philadelphia-federal.html - 519k - Cached - Similar pages
obamacrimes - Home Page
2nd] Highlights Philip J. Berg, Esq. Efforts to Expose Obama not being ... Phil Berg discusses why he filed the lawsuit in front of Independence Hall ...
www.obamacrimes.com/ - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Newsmax.com – Obama Refuses to Answer Birth Certificate Lawsuit
Oct 24, 2008 ... A Pennsylvania lawsuit alleges that Barack Obama is not a “natural-born citizen” of the United States, and His campaign has not answered the ...
www.newsmax.com/politics/obama_birth_certificate/2008/10/24/143882.html - 282k - Cached - Similar pages
Obama birth certificate lawsuit tossed out of court » Clarksville ...

Oct 27, 2008 ... Berg filed the lawsuit in August of this year, claiming that Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud and that Obama’s name should be removed ...
www.clarksvilleonline.com/2008/10/27/obama-birth-certificate-lawsuit-tossed-out-of-court/ - 68k - Cached - Similar pages

Obama Birth Certificate? Another Lawsuit Filed On His POTUS ...
Oct 27, 2008 ... Obama Birth Certificate? Another Lawsuit Filed On His POTUS Eligibility ... Thanks to the lawsuit filed by Philip Berg, Obama now ADMITS (on ...
www.postchronicle.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=102&num=181742 - 57k - Cached - Similar pages
Barack Obama Birth Certificate Hawaii lawsuit documents

Oct 18, 2008 ... Internet-formatted copies of Hawai'i court filings Barack Obama Birth Certificate Hawaii lawsuit documents Copies of documents on file in ...
www.pr-inside.com/barack-obama-birth-certificate-hawaii-lawsuit-r868547.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

Atlas Shrugs: Another day ....another Obama Birth Certificate Lawsuit
It started with the forgery. The will of the American people will not be ignored, I tell ya. Just produce the vault copy so we can focus on the cascading ...

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/12/another-day-ano.html - 178k - Cached - Similar pages
Blog posts about obama birth certificate lawsuitAtlas Shrugs: OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER ... - Atlas Shrugs - Dec 7, 2008

Earl Ofari Hutchinson: More Nuttiness on the Obama Birth ... - The Huffington Post Full Blog Feed - Dec 8, 2008

The Supreme Court and Obama’s Birth Certificate « The Valley Truth - The Valley Truth - Nov 7, 2008

Video results for obama birth certificate lawsuit
Birth Certificate Lawsuit - Obama can't be ...
3 min 8 sec
www.youtube.com

Countdown: Obama Birth Certificate Lawsuit
5 min
www.youtube.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Search within results | Language Tools | Search Tips | Dissatisfied? Help us improve | Try Google Experimental

Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - Privacy - About Google
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 1:38 pm

bigartie wrote:
If anyone has credible evidence that Obama is not a natural born citizen of the U.S. then let them come forward with the charges and file suit in federal court to have Obama removed from office.

Oh sure, it'll happen when :whenpigsfly:

Art

I wonder how comrade Art rationalizes BO's refusal to just produce the original berth certificate and put all this to rest. Wouldn't an innocent person just do that and put an immediate stop to all the doubt?

I don't know if BO is or is not a citizen, but I will always be suspicious of him because he would not produce his birth certificate.

One of the things I've learned from this election is, the left is permeated with liars and cheaters and if they get caught, they just BS their way out and will never admit their transgressions.

Obama lied his way to the White House and the national media protected him and covered up or just plain ignored his lies. Of course the national media are predominately lefties so no surprise there.

There was enough credible evidence questioning BO's citizenship that it should have been investigated, but I believe he got a pass because of what the political fallout would have been had it been proven he indeed was not a US citizen.
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:05 pm

cactus_jack wrote:

I wonder how comrade Art rationalizes BO's refusal to just produce the original berth certificate and put all this to rest. Wouldn't an innocent person just do that and put an immediate stop to all the doubt?

I don't know if BO is or is not a citizen, but I will always be suspicious of him because he would not produce his birth certificate.

One of the things I've learned from this election is, the left is permeated with liars and cheaters and if they get caught, they just BS their way out and will never admit their transgressions.

Obama lied his way to the White House and the national media protected him and covered up or just plain ignored his lies. Of course the national media are predominately lefties so no surprise there.

There was enough credible evidence questioning BO's citizenship that it should have been investigated, but I believe he got a pass because of what the political fallout would have been had it been proven he indeed was not a US citizen.

First off, watch with the "comrade" comments Jack. Just because you think all Dems. are socialists, doesn't make it so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_scandal

One of Nixon's best qoutes: "I am not a crook." lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Tiz wrote:

First off, watch with the "comrade" comments Jack. Just because you think all Dems. are socialists, doesn't make it so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_scandal

One of Nixon's best qoutes: "I am not a crook." lol! lol!

While you had the dictionary open you should have check the definition for "comrade." Since "comrade" has more positive than negative meanings why would you just assume I was using it in negative way? Of course when the shoe fits who would know better then the one wearing the shoe!

As for Nixon, he got what he deserved but at least he did pay his taxes and he did resign when he knew it was over. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:41 pm

As I've always mentioned here, both Parties are guilty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxeFMHyOx3I

No hard feelings, Jack. Comrade can be interpeted as Russian or friend. confused
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 7:47 am

Tiz wrote:
As I've always mentioned here, both Parties are guilty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxeFMHyOx3I

No hard feelings, Jack. Comrade can be interpeted as Russian or friend. confused

No problem. We here are all comrades in one way or another Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!   Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution! Empty

Back to top Go down

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution!
Page 1 of 1