THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!

Go down 
+2
bigartie
Hattie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! Empty
PostSubject: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:34 pm

And this is an 8 day all expenses paid trip to Europe, visit Rome and receive some kind of an award from the italians! Darn it, can't miss this trip, fellas! So hurry the hell up and vote on the stimlousy package - even if no one knows what the heck was in it!

If I'm wrong in my assessment here I'm sure Big Art and Kramer will verbally burn me alive and then proceed to tell me about Geo. Bush's stimulousy package (but which both Dems and Reps ACTUALLY KNEW what they were voting for! THEY WERE NOT BLINDFOLDED! Oh, well! Have to find another hobby - like trying to save the S.C. field mouse or gator population here - must write my senators and congressmen about that very important project!

Oh, and good luck, Artie, in saving Pelosi's favorite mouse! Or is it really a rat? Just think of all the money Californians will spend buying food to keep this darlin lil mousie well fed and taken care of!

Hattie!
--------------------

Big Dogs House

Why The Rush To Vote On Spending Bill?
by Big Dog on Feb 14, 2009 at 18:14

Barack Obama said it was dire and we would have a catastrophe if it was not completed. The Democrats said it had to be done. They were so hasty, looking out for you of course, that they broke their promises to post it on the web (5 days from obama and 48 hours from Congress) for review. It had to be done right fricking now. So the bill was delivered near midnight on Thursday and voted on Friday.

Not one member of Congress read it. No one had the time to read it even if they wanted to.

The votes were cast by people who have no idea of what the complete bill contains. The Democrats said it had to be done quickly and so they broke their promises and voted. The reason it had to be done quickly is so that Nancy Pelosi could board a jet and travel to Europe. She will get a little business done while sightseeing at taxpayer expense. It also had to be done quickly to keep the public from seeing too much of what was in it.

Obama expressed his satisfaction and gratitude at the hard work done to get the bill passed. We have catastrophes to avert you know. Surely he was waiting at the White House for the bill to be delivered so that he could sign it into law. Time is of the essence as he told us so he must have been eager to get his BO tacked to the signature line.

Nope. The bill that had to be completed at warp speed will not be signed until Tuesday and the Sainted One will sign it in Denver, the site of his imperial acceptance speech.

So can anyone tell me why there was such an urgency for the bill to be voted upon on Friday? I understand that the members of Congress wanted to get their week long holiday in but we pay them to work in DC for as long as they are needed there. Why is it that they could not have scheduled the vote for Monday and taken the weekend to read the damned thing? I know Pelosi needed to catch a plane but the House had enough votes without her so she could have left. I know the true leaders would stay but no one in Congress is a true leader or they would not have been worrying more about getting home than getting this right.

Imagine how much better informed they would have been if they could have had Friday and the weekend to read 400 or so pages a day and digest all that is involved. It would have given them time to see what waste is in the bill and the opportunity to inform their constituents. It could have been posted on the web so citizens could read it as well.

But therein lies the problem. The Democrats do not want people to closely scrutinize what is in the bill. That might cause even greater uproar and discontent. It might lead to some actually having to defend the position taken when it comes time for reelection. No, can’t have the people or their elected officials actually knowing what is in there.

Most of these people are lawyers. How many of them would tell a client to sign a document without reading it? This is exactly what they did when they voted for the bill. They put their signatures to legislation that they did not read. That is irresponsible and it is definitely not leadership.[/green]

Now reasonable people can debate whether some of the items in the bill are important. The issue is, did they belong in THIS bill? The bill is supposed to be a stimulus bill so there are many items that should have been left out and introduced through the normal legislative process.

[color=green]If Nancy Pelosi thinks it is important to have rodent habitats or prevention of STD programs then those items should have been introduced as part of the normal process and debated on their individual merits.
The members of Congress used the economic emergency to push through things that are not stimulative in order to get what they wanted without having to follow normal procedures.

They used the crisis to get what they wanted just like Rahm Emanuel said they would.

Anyone who feels comfortable with this bill or thinks that all the items in it are necessary should not be allowed in public without a head guard and a chaperone.

The Democrats and their president abused the legislative process in order to push an agenda and they did it with little or no regard for the American taxpayer. They saddled our descendants with debt in order to get what they wanted without having to do it the right way.

Shame on them and shame on any moron who thinks this is appropriate.

Big Dog1
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Hattie, I have no idea if this stimulus bill will be effective or not. I imagine there's both good and bad things in it. Frankly, I really don't know how long it'll take our country to recover from our current financial meltdown.

As for Pelosi taking a trip on taxpayer expense, what's new? Members of both parties have been going on junkets for years. Personally, I wish it was illegal but that'll never happen. Even our incompetent legislators in California take these trips at taxpayer's expense.

Finallly, I believe we're way too concerned about saving every little rat and insect on the face of the Earth. It's becoming ridiculous and in some cases actually hurting millions of people. Example: A federal judge in Northern California caused billions of gallons of water each year to stop flowing from aqueducts bringing it into So. Calif. because it was jepordizing some little snail dart. This will be causing severe drought conditions to 18 million people. It's senseless.

Art
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:00 am

Nancy Pelosi Demands Big Private Jet

Tax payers finance a lavish private jet large enough to ferry Pelosi and her entourage including family members from coast-to-coast without stopping.

Like all members of Congress, House speakers use commercial flights to travel but Pelosi claims she needs a private U.S. Air Force jet for security reasons, even during personal travel with her family and supporters. The former Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois used a small aircraft with 12 seats and five crew members.

The Pentagon provide her with a fancy jet that includes 42 business class seats, a fully-enclosed state room, an entertainment center, a private bed, a state-of-the-art communications system and a crew of 16. The aircraft must be large enough to make the cross-country trip from Washington D.C. to her San Francisco home without stopping to refuel.

One congressman said Pelosi’s request is an arrogance of office that just defies common sense and other House colleagues called it the flying Lincoln Bedroom and Pelosi One.

Pelosi's private oversized (200 capacity)jet will cost the taxpayers over 5 3/4 million per year just to fly back and forth, 3 days a week, between California to D. C.

Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:55 am

cactus_jack wrote:

Nancy Pelosi Demands Big Private Jet

Tax payers finance a lavish private jet large enough to ferry Pelosi and her entourage including family members from coast-to-coast without stopping.

Like all members of Congress, House speakers use commercial flights to travel but Pelosi claims she needs a private U.S. Air Force jet for security reasons, even during personal travel with her family and supporters. The former Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois used a small aircraft with 12 seats and five crew members.

The Pentagon provide her with a fancy jet that includes 42 business class seats, a fully-enclosed state room, an entertainment center, a private bed, a state-of-the-art communications system and a crew of 16. The aircraft must be large enough to make the cross-country trip from Washington D.C. to her San Francisco home without stopping to refuel.

One congressman said Pelosi’s request is an arrogance of office that just defies common sense and other House colleagues called it the flying Lincoln Bedroom and Pelosi One.

Pelosi's private oversized (200 capacity)jet will cost the taxpayers over 5 3/4 million per year just to fly back and forth, 3 days a week, between California to D. C.

I hope the bit-h doesn't decide to go on a vacation to South Africa. The Air Force would have to send up refueling tankers for Air Pelosi I so it wouldn't have to land between the states and Africa. She had a face-lift several years ago..can you imagine what she looked like before. OMG!!!!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Quote :
She had a face-lift several years ago..can you imagine what she looked like before. OMG!!!!

Something like this...

Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 1:22 pm

That would make Freddie Kruger throw down his chain saw.Gives a new meaning to Friday the 13th!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Do you really think Nancy could scare Freddie Krueger off and back into hiding somewhere, Bob? I wonder? But that wouldn't work because we need HIM to scare HER all the way back to Frisco and her little field mice that are on the verge of extinction! thumbsup What say you? Got any ideas?

Hattie! Laughing
Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Hattie wrote:
Do you really think Nancy could scare Freddie Krueger off and back into hiding somewhere, Bob? I wonder? But that wouldn't work because we need HIM to scare HER all the way back to Frisco and her little field mice that are on the verge of extinction! thumbsup What say you? Got any ideas?

Hattie! Laughing

Any ideas I have Hattie would probably put me in jail!!!

:blowup:
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm

[quote="Hattie"]And this is an 8 day all expenses paid trip to Europe, visit Rome and receive some kind of an award from the italians! Darn it, can't miss this trip, fellas! So hurry the hell up and vote on the stimlousy package - even if no one knows what the heck was in it!

If I'm wrong in my assessment here I'm sure Big Art and Kramer will verbally burn me alive and then proceed to tell me about Geo. Bush's stimulousy package (but which both Dems and Reps ACTUALLY KNEW what they were voting for! THEY WERE NOT BLINDFOLDED! Oh, well! Have to find another hobby - like trying to save the S.C. field mouse or gator population here - must write my senators and congressmen about that very important project!

Hattie!
--------------------

No, Hattie. No burning you or anyone alive. It gets really redundant with all these Dem. bashing threads, I just don't read most of them.
No one got to read Bush's stimulus package, we didn't get a vote or say so about going into Iraq
and the Bush Administration put this country into a deep recession.
Never mind all that, bash Obama.
As to the private plane, here ya go.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp

But Snopes is biased, so it's true. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:58 pm

I, too, have stopped reading all the posts that are going up (by the dozens, it seems) bashing Obama and the Dems. To me it looks like all the far right extremist blogs and web sites are culled over looking for anything at all that attacks Obama. Truth be damned, if it makes the president look bad then print it here.

I've always believed there's merit on both sides of the aisle. Some things Republicans want make good sense. I also believe the same about Democrats. There's also things I don't like about each party. I won't defend Democrats right or wrong, if I think they're doing something wrong I'll say so.

But you'll never see a negative word about Republicans printed by conservatives here no matter what the issue. IMO that's just blind loyalty without thought.

Art
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:39 pm

If only the internet was around back during the Civil War.
The South lost.....get over it.
No, breaking news. Gen. Lee was constantly slammed on SNL. lol!
More breaking news. Gen. Grant rode to Washington on a private coach.......on taxpayer money.
Fox News reports, Gen. Grant recruited Union soldiers from park benches. scratch
NY Times reports, Gen. Grant recruited Negroes for his election. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:24 pm

See Tiz that's your problem, you're living in the past while I'm living in the present.

There are so many tax cheaters and liars on the left I just can't ignore it.

I'm sure you would be doing the same thing if you could find the volume of liars and cheaters on the right that have been exposed on the left.

Art, I'm really concerned that if you stop reading posts from the right, you will really be in the dark. We're just trying to keep those of you from the left informed. Very Happy

P.S. Now it looks like Burris may be in trouble too, but we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 6:51 pm

I was concerned that something like this would happen when Blagojevich appointed Burris to the Senate. Anything Blago has had anything to do with has been tainted and Burris should have never been seated. IMO there should have been a state wide election for the empty Senate seat.
-----------------------------------------------------

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Sen. Roland Burris has acknowledged trying to raise money for former Gov. Rod Blagojevich before being appointed to the Senate. According to a transcript posted on the Chicago Tribune's Web site, Burris told reporters in Peoria Monday night that he talked to some friends about putting together a fundraiser after being called by the ex-governor's brother.

But Burris says he told Rob Blagojevich shortly after the November election that he couldn't get any friends to contribute and suggested he might be able to find others.

Burris testified last month to a committee that recommended impeaching Rod Blagojevich that he had told only one Blagojevich associate he was interested in being senator.

But he released an affidavit over the weekend indicating he had spoken to four others, including the calls from Rob Blagojevich.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5531
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:04 pm

bigartie wrote:
But you'll never see a negative word about Republicans printed by conservatives here no matter what the issue. IMO that's just blind loyalty without thought.

Art

O contrare ! I posted About the fine sen from PA and made it known in the subject .
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:14 pm

JUST HENRY wrote:
bigartie wrote:

Art

O contrare ! I posted About the fine sen from PA and made it known in the subject .

But Henry, I think you're a more moderate conservative than some of our other posters here. You're able to see and judge both sides of an issue.

Art
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 7:03 am

[quote="bigartie"]
JUST HENRY wrote:
bigartie wrote:

Art

But Henry, I think you're a more moderate conservative than some of our other posters here. You're able to see and judge both sides of an issue.

Art[/quote

There's always a "but."
Back to top Go down
Golden F

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Yeah, and Randy Duke Cunningham was an angel !

alien

+GF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!   Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane! Empty

Back to top Go down

Why The Rush? She Had to Catch a Plane!
Page 1 of 1