THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

Are The Good Times Really Over?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
overtimeman

overtimeman

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Are The Good Times Really Over? Empty
PostSubject: Are The Good Times Really Over?   Are The Good Times Really Over? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Well the stimulus bill is passed and how are we going to pay for it all.We can't and we ain't.Hopefully Kramer or someone can find that song that Merle Haggard sung back in the late 80's that talk about are the good times really over for good.Sure would appeciate if someone could find that song in a wav or wmp and make it a clickable link.You think about young people today and what kind of future or world they are going to inherit.We all know Social Sercurity isn't going to be there when they retire decades from now.Coming of age during the 70's sure we lost the Vietnam war and Watergate made a president resign in disgrace,but we still had a future.My first car in 75 even had a tag on front that said,"AMERICA IT'S STILL #1."Not any of us knows what the fuure holds for all Americans.I remember a Bible verse from my youth.Psalms 127:1Except the Lord keep the city the watchman waketh,but in vain.Carolina Mike!
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Are The Good Times Really Over?   Are The Good Times Really Over? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:07 pm

I know how you feel, Mike! It's almost as if we've come to the end of our road - or the USA - as we knew it and grew up in it! We'll never be able to pay off these debts that Obama is shoving down our throats in our lifetime - not in my lifetime for sure - perhaps yours but many years from 2009)! But let's keep our chins up - this country has survived much worse in the past, maybe we'll do it again if only ALL OF US have the guts and determination to do so! Egads, I hope the people in this nation realize what we have just done and do everything we can to prevent America from falling apart! Let's never give up hope!

Ok, Mike - Here is Merle Haggard singing your song:

http://domania.us/enerib/Country/GoodTimes_M.Hggard.wav

Finally, may I say that my prayer for this country is still this good old fashioned one - God Bless America!

Hattie! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LuluBelleBrown

LuluBelleBrown

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Are The Good Times Really Over?   Are The Good Times Really Over? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 am

"Are we rollin' down hill like a snowball headed for hell?" :lurkin:

When pigs fly! :whenpigsfly:

Hang in there, friends. It's going to be a bumpy ride!
Back to top Go down
bgates

Male
Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Are The Good Times Really Over?   Are The Good Times Really Over? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Hard Times come in all shapes and sizes. My worry is more for the third world countries;especially the children. Stephen Foster's Song of Hard Times speaks of this. Neutral bgates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMTv44FHG3Y
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are The Good Times Really Over?   Are The Good Times Really Over? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are The Good Times Really Over?
Page 1 of 1