THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team

Go down 
+2
bigartie
JUST HENRY
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male
Number of posts : 5533
Registration date : 2008-11-06

The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team Empty
PostSubject: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:46 pm

There Could be know other way to over see the problems existing and still to come than add more cabinet level staff postions ! Way to CUT government !
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 am

Wasn't it Ronald Reagan who, when he took office, said he was going to reduce government paper work?

I don't care what party a president belongs to. Much of what they say never comes to pass.

Art
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 am

Any wise words on the Treasury sec. nominee ?

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:28 am

JUST HENRY wrote:
Any wise words on the Treasury sec. nominee ?

If he had any sense of public responsibility he would withdraw his nomination just like Richardson. But that may be too much to ask of someone who only made an "honest mistake". We'll see what the true colors are of the pres. elect and Congress. I'm betting yellow!!!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:41 am

Imagine what the media would be saying if it had been a Republican that had made "an honest mistake".
Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:53 am

cactus_jack wrote:
Imagine what the media would be saying if it had been a Republican that had made "an honest mistake".

No imagination required Jack. BTW, whatever happened to the "pirate"? Is he off sailing the high seas? I can remember you and I having several lively exchanges over the relative merits of the webby vs the deuce right after the 2 came out. As I recall we agreed to disagree. Have a great day.

Bob
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:41 am

bbqbob wrote:
cactus_jack wrote:

No imagination required Jack. BTW, whatever happened to the "pirate"? Is he off sailing the high seas? I can remember you and I having several lively exchanges over the relative merits of the webby vs the deuce right after the 2 came out. As I recall we agreed to disagree. Have a great day.

Bob

Pirate Jack is laying low right now

I don't remember our discussions about the tv2. My short term memory isn't what it used to be. What side was I on? Very Happy

Was I pro or con about the tv2?
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:45 am

After all his feild of Knowledge would not cover tax's as a fed reserve guy he is fairly uneducated right ?

As for the help , If she married a citizen , how long after that does she need a work visa ?

Henry @ -25

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:50 am

I don't remember our discussions about the tv2. My short term memory isn't what it used to be. What side was I on? Very Happy

Was I pro or con about the tv2?[/quote]

U were a devotee of the deuce and I was lamenting the loss of some of the features we had on the webby. U convinced me I needed broadband which tipped the scales in favor of the deuce. I wish I'd had the Mac way back then!!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 am

bbqbob wrote:

Was I pro or con about the tv2?

Quote :
U were a devotee of the deuce and I was lamenting the loss of some of the features we had on the webby. U convinced me I needed broadband which tipped the scales in favor of the deuce. I wish I'd had the Mac way back then!!

I too wish I had gone to the mac long ago! It's a whole different world.
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:07 am

Ok, you guys! When I was in Washington I went to a Best Buy Store in Richland and - guess what - they don't sell IMacs. When I came home last week I went to Staples to by an ink cartridge and then asked about IMacs. Guess what! They don't sell them! What gives? Is an IMac something you have to buy out of a catalog? If so, forget it! I want to see the product before I buy it! But .... will do a Google search to find out where IMacs are sold here on my side of the world ...... or at least in this state!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
JUST HENRY
Admin
JUST HENRY

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:19 am

It I would Expect is not cheap to get set up to sell them , and your people have to be trained .

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:52 am

iMacs are sold at the Best Buy stores in my area. Might be a new addition to their stock. Hattie, you'll find they're more expensive than a PC although the big advantage I believe is that they're not subject to viruses and all those nasty things PC users have to contend with. Plus, from what I read in these groups iMacs are easier to use than a PC.

Art
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 am

I purchased mine at the Apple Store. I'm fortunate in that I have two Apple Stores within 15 minutes of our house.

Here I am purchasing my iMac. You can only see my left shoulder and my wife in the background.

At the time I had no idea what I was doing but I did punch a few buttons on the display model and got the picture which I then emailed to my tv2 direct from the Apple Store.
Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 am

Hattie wrote:
Ok, you guys! When I was in Washington I went to a Best Buy Store in Richland and - guess what - they don't sell IMacs. When I came home last week I went to Staples to by an ink cartridge and then asked about IMacs. Guess what! They don't sell them! What gives? Is an IMac something you have to buy out of a catalog? If so, forget it! I want to see the product before I buy it! But .... will do a Google search to find out where IMacs are sold here on my side of the world ...... or at least in this state!

Hattie!

I don't know anything about the IMac Hattie. What I have is the Macmini. Not the same animal.
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Ok, Bob - tell us about the MacMini - the good and bad. I'm one of those people who like references and will then look and react. I saw the photo you sent with your set-up there at home and the MacMini looks very tiny! Details, man, details please? Laughing If you're gonna do that perhaps you should start a new thread, something like 'MacMini" and or 'IMac' so that those of us who may be interested in one of these electronics will have a specific thread to refer to.

I'm still interested in the IMac also and thanks, Jack, for your info The thingy you did with your photo and then sending it on to your deuce was quite something - especially if, as you say, you didn't know what you were doing. I CANNOT EVER believe that you do not know what you're doing - you sure do a lot of magic with your photos and things in this forum! I'm jealous! Laughing

Artie, will make a trip to my local Best Buy to look the IMac over if they do indeed say they carry them!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Hattie, I know the Best Buys around here now carry Macs but I'm not sure if every Best Buy does so. It might be limited to just some of their high traffic stores. Never hurts to look, though.

Art
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:34 pm

bigartie wrote:
Hattie, I know the Best Buys around here now carry Macs but I'm not sure if every Best Buy does so. It might be limited to just some of their high traffic stores. Never hurts to look, though.
Art

Thanks, Artie! Will do!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:36 pm

http://www.apple.com/retail/kingstreet/

There is an Apple Store on Kings st. in Charleston SC.
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Tiz wrote:
http://www.apple.com/retail/kingstreet/ There is an Apple Store on Kings st. in Charleston SC.

Thanks a million, Kramer! Never knew we had an Apple Store here in the Holy City. Will try to get there tomorrow, but if not (got a great oyster roast party to go to tomorrow afternoon), will definitely run into town on Monday to see what the IMac and MiniMac are all about! You are a Knight in Shining Armour, Kramer! Thanks again! Laughing

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Hattie, you can get all the info on the different macs HERE. Just click on the product and you get a short simple explanation on it.

If you should decide on the Mini mac, I'd suggest you hold off for just a little while because the scuttlebutt is there will be a Mac mini refresh (new model) coming in March and will be based on NVIDIA's new Ion platform utilizing Intel's dual-core 1.6 GHz Atom 330 processor.
Back to top Go down
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Hattie wrote:
Tiz wrote:
http://www.apple.com/retail/kingstreet/ There is an Apple Store on Kings st. in Charleston SC.

Thanks a million, Kramer! Never knew we had an Apple Store here in the Holy City. Will try to get there tomorrow, but if not (got a great oyster roast party to go to tomorrow afternoon), will definitely run into town on Monday to see what the IMac and MiniMac are all about! You are a Knight in Shining Armour, Kramer! Thanks again! Laughing

Hattie!

Hattie, did you check the PC category. I posted several linke to answer your quest fot Mac info. Gee, I'd like to be a knight in shining armor too!!!
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 pm

cactus_jack wrote:
Hattie, you can get all the info on the different macs HERE. Just click on the product and you get a short simple explanation on it.

If you should decide on the Mini mac, I'd suggest you hold off for just a little while because the scuttlebutt is there will be a Mac mini refresh (new model) coming in March and will be based on NVIDIA's new Ion platform utilizing Intel's dual-core 1.6 GHz Atom 330 processor.

Ok and thanks, Jack. Will do my homework and some research - but will definitely wait to see what this new MacMini Refresh thingy will be all about before I actually purchase anything! And all that info about NVIDIA and Intel dual-core 1.6 GHz Atom 330 processor is all GREEK to me - haven't a clue what all that stuff means! Laughing What I really want to do is go to the Apple store and take a picture as you did on/with/ the IMac(?) and send it to my deuce! I really want to try that! Laughing

Hattie! pcwave
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 pm

bbqbob wrote:

Hattie, did you check the PC category. I posted several linke to answer your quest fot Mac info. Gee, I'd like to be a knight in shining armor too!!!

Nope, haven't gone into the PC category since it was first set up. I'll go in there and read your posts - thanks for suggesting I do so! By the way, all nice, helpful gentlemen like yourself are Knights in Shining Armour! I think you also deserve the title! Laughing

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Admin
Tiz

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:59 am

Hattie wrote:
cactus_jack wrote:

Ok and thanks, Jack. Will do my homework and some research - but will definitely wait to see what this new MacMini Refresh thingy will be all about before I actually purchase anything! And all that info about NVIDIA and Intel dual-core 1.6 GHz Atom 330 processor is all GREEK to me - haven't a clue what all that stuff means! Laughing What I really want to do is go to the Apple store and take a picture as you did on/with/ the IMac(?) and send it to my deuce! I really want to try that! Laughing

Hattie! pcwave
All that processor language need not scare you, Hattie. I don't even know what processor I have w/o looking for it. Laughing
One thing to consider tho, Jack is on a Mac desktop(in a computer chair) while Bob is in his recliner on the MacMini viewing the internet on the TV. Bob got rid of his deuce, also.
So, if you go Bob's route, I'm not sure how you'd use both Mac & TV2 together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team   The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team Empty

Back to top Go down

The Office of the President Elect / Obama Team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next