THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
Bye bye April.

On a serious note...anyone have/had cataracts?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suzy
Admin
Suzy

Female
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-11-06

On a serious note...anyone have/had cataracts? Empty
PostOn a serious note...anyone have/had cataracts?

I went to the doc today and he sent me right to Mann eye clinic because a couple weeks ago I realized I couldn't see(much) with my left eye.I thought the prednisone caused it and it would get better when I was off it.Took it for psoriasis and arthritus.
Seems all the prednisone(maybe) and other things like smoking and drinking have given me agressive cataracts. I have a stage 4 in my left eye...almost blind....like looking through fog and a stage 2 in my right.
Now they say I will go quickly blind without surgery at 6000.oo each eye!
Anyone here had cataracts and ot the surgery?
With no ins I am freaking here a little,lol.
Just curious if anyone has experience with this chit?
Suzy
Back to top Go down
https://msntvcommunity2.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

On a serious note...anyone have/had cataracts? :: Comments

cactus_jack
Re: On a serious note...anyone have/had cataracts?
Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:28 am by cactus_jack
I also have cataracts forming, but not bad enough for surgery yet.

I do know people that have had the surgery and they all are doing well.
bbqbob
Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 am by bbqbob
I don't have cataracts Suzy but I would suggest you get a second opinion right quick. Good luck.

Bob
JUST HENRY
Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 am by JUST HENRY
Geuss you need a flight to CANADA !
Hattie
Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:09 am by Hattie
Suzy wrote:
I went to the doc today and he sent me right to Mann eye clinic because a couple weeks ago I realized I couldn't see(much) with my left eye.I thought the prednisone caused it and it would get better when I was off it.Took it for psoriasis and arthritus.
Seems all the prednisone(maybe) and other things like smoking and drinking have given me agressive cataracts. I have a stage 4 in my left eye...almost blind....like looking through fog and a stage 2 in my right.
Now they say I will go quickly blind without surgery at 6000.oo each eye!
Anyone here had cataracts and ot the surgery?
With no ins I am freaking here a little,lol.
Just curious if anyone has experience with this chit?
Suzy

Suzy, I do have cataracts and they've been slowly (about 10 years or so) getting to the point where I will very possibly be having surgery soon. Just the other day I saw my opthalmologist at the Medical Univ. of S.C. here in Charleston and he thinks I'll be ready for surgery in six months!.

Suzy, if there is a Univ. of Texas medical/teaching hospital that does have an eye institute - suggest you find it and make an appointment to see one of their eye surgeons for a second opiniion. And sometimes these
University/State med schools may be able to help you get some sort of financing for the surgery. It's worth a try, but please make that a priority - ASAP! Sorry I can't help you except to tell you that I do have a friend who told me the removal of her cataracts was a piece of cake. She taken into the surgery, put to sleep, the cataract was laser removed , woke up a little later, went home, no problems. She said she just zipped right in and then zipped right out and is doing just fine! Hope it all works out well for you. Will keep my fingers crossed and will say some prayers that your problems will be resolved very soon! Take care!

Hattie!
Suzy
Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:57 am by Suzy
Thank's folks! I was a little freaked out when I posted,lol,which is the "norm" for me.:-)
I have accepted the fact I have fast growing cataracts and of course the hubby(God bless him......he loves me,lol) just said go sign up and get it done because ya have to see! But I don't think they are growing that fast and I need to slow down and do some research and think about all this.
But as I research this I am truly mad that my doc didn't warn me that high doses of prednisone for long periods can cause this!Now as I google I see it is fairly common.
I am definately going for a 2nd opinion! And yes here in Houston I might as well go to the best at UTH med center. Thank's Hattie!
The doc I went to spent less than 8 min and then someone wanting to sign me up for 12000.00 financing was in my face,lol, what a racket!
I also did a quick search for clinical trials and may just sign up for one.....it's free or sometimes they even pay.
Anyhoo...I will hopefully find the best and affordable treatment in time.
I now am thinking this has came on slowly.....I just didn't notice it!
Suzy
JUST HENRY
Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:21 am by JUST HENRY
Do you have any of the 1/2 a book of info that came with your last prescription ? maybe the INFO has been there all along and the method of letting consumers know is not what it should be .

If it is not in there , or is just plain to hard to get through maybe an email MZ Kay Bailey Hutchinson , and that other guy that was just reelected are in order .
Tiz
Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:14 pm by Tiz
My good eye went bad...The doc said from strarining and these darn psc cataracts grow fast.I will be going to docs,picking one and getting the surgery hopefully next week.Then 2 weeks recoup and hopefully at least one eye will work again!I have to put my nose to the screen.mirror nd everything just to see and no more driving 4 me either.
Take care,I will touch base when I can.
Suz
....................................................................................................

Suzy is going under the laser, keep her in your thoughts & prayers. She's a nice girl.
Hattie
Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 pm by Hattie

A hug to a friend and a wish for the friend's speedy recovery from surgery and the successful restoration of her vision! We'll all be thinking of you, Suzy, and we'll also say some prayers for the good Lord to gently touch your eyes and make your eyesight better than ever! Good luck but most of all, God bless!

Sincerely, Hattie!
Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:58 pm by zekejon1
Hi Suzy!
Had catarac Surgey in Nov. Piece of cake! Everything is much clearer now! The other eye is geting blurry now! :-) Probably need that done soon! :-)
Good luck!
Lorraine
bbqbob
Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 pm by bbqbob
Hattie wrote:

A hug to a friend and a wish for the friend's speedy recovery from surgery and the successful restoration of her vision! We'll all be thinking of you, Suzy, and we'll also say some prayers for the good Lord to gently touch your eyes and make your eyesight better than ever! Good luck but most of all, God bless!

Sincerely, Hattie!

Hey Suz..Hattie said it better than I can. I think all your friends feel the same way. You'll see a whole new world after the surgery.
Chou, Bob
Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:21 pm by bgates
sunny Best of Wishes Suzy! I've been there, done that and have come to appreciate & enjoy the renewed clarity of perfect site without any regrets. Cheers, bgates
Hattie
Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:14 pm by Hattie
Hey there Kramer or Henry! Have you two been keeping in touch with Suzy this past week or so? Do you know when she will have eye surgery - or has it already happened? How about letting us know how's she's doing if you don't mind! And don't forget to give her our best wishes! OK? Thank you and adios, guys!

Hattie!

JUST HENRY
Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:24 pm by JUST HENRY
Tiz posted the last we heard .
Tiz
Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:31 pm by Tiz
Tiz wrote:
My good eye went bad...The doc said from strarining and these darn psc cataracts grow fast.I will be going to docs,picking one and getting the surgery hopefully next week.Then 2 weeks recoup and hopefully at least one eye will work again!I have to put my nose to the screen.mirror nd everything just to see and no more driving 4 me either.
Suz
....................................................................................................

Suzy is going under the laser, keep her in your thoughts & prayers. She's a nice girl.

As Henry said, that was the last I heard. When ya have to put your nose right on the monitor, it's time to see the Doc. lol! Crying or Very sad
Hattie
Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:01 am by Hattie
Tiz wrote:
Tiz wrote:
Suz

As Henry said, that was the last I heard. When ya have to put your nose right on the monitor, it's time to see the Doc. lol! Crying or Very sad

Ok, Henry and Kramer! But keep us up-to-date whenever you do find out how she's doing after her surgery! I'm sure everyone will be relieved when we find out she is ok and everything is honky-dory again! Thanks again!

Hattie! Laughing
JUST HENRY
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:08 pm by JUST HENRY
Just before christmas I heard from Suzy .

She has scaring on her eye lense and can not see well yet .
bbqbob
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 am by bbqbob
It's been so long I thought Suzy had fallen off the edge of the earth. I'm sorry to hear about her cataract problems. Most of the time I believe that surgery is successful. I hope she finds a surgeon who knows what he/she is doing. I certainly hope she'll be able to return to the group.
JUST HENRY
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:07 pm by JUST HENRY
bbqbob wrote:
Most of the time I believe that surgery is successful. I hope she finds a surgeon who knows what he/she is doing.
I certainly hope she'll be able to return to the group.

The way I took her writing was the Eye that was done , The did not put a lens in at the time of surgery , maybe thought she is young it would not be needed ?

It is her stated hope to come back .

On a serious note...anyone have/had cataracts?

Page 1 of 1