THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
Bye bye April.

Good Enough To Be In The News

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eyemaratzass

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Good Enough To Be In The News Empty
PostSubject: Good Enough To Be In The News   Good Enough To Be In The News EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Don't miss this one!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=email
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Good Enough To Be In The News   Good Enough To Be In The News EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 am

Susan Boyle? Magnificent! Sure glad to see an average adult woman dressed like an average adult woman instead of a hottie with boobs hanging out of an almost there gown while shaking her bootie and mumbling repetetive lyrics to some soon to be forgotten song! I'd even go out and buy an album if and when Susan makes one! She was great, Eyem, and thanks for posting that video!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308

PostSubject: Re: Good Enough To Be In The News   Good Enough To Be In The News EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:26 pm

She's been on the news along with a clip of her performance. OMG! What a voice!

She reminded me of Kate Smith who had an amazing voice and never took a singing lesson. Anyone remember her singing God Bless America? What a stunning voice she had.

Art
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Good Enough To Be In The News   Good Enough To Be In The News EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:28 pm

bigartie wrote:
She's been on the news along with a clip of her performance. OMG! What a voice!

She reminded me of Kate Smith who had an amazing voice and never took a singing lesson. Anyone remember her singing God Bless America? What a stunning voice she had. Art

Yep, Susan does have a great voice! But I believe Kate Smith's voice was more powerful than Susan's - but still Kate was mightly popular and loved by all in her day! Sure, I do remember her singing 'God Bless America' millions of times, Artie, because Kate WAS the voice of America, especially during the war years! And I remember her well! As a matter of fact, I believe she was the singer who introduced 'God Bless' on radio - am almost 95% sure of that! And ..... I also believe Kate was the fat lady referred in the saying 'It ain't over until the 'Fat Lady' sings!' God bless Susan, Kate and ... the Fat Lady! Here's to 'good music by a good singer' again!

Hattie!
Back to top Go down
bigartie

bigartie

Male
Number of posts : 308

PostSubject: Re: Good Enough To Be In The News   Good Enough To Be In The News EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:48 pm

I googled some of Kate Smith's biography; she was an amazing person. Here's a small excerpt concerning the song God Bless America.

"Kate Smith had become a national singing star from the onset of her broadcasting career in 1931. Her identification with patriotism and patriotic theme's began on the night of November 11, 1938, when on her regular radio program she sang "God Bless America". A song originally written by Irving Berlin for his 1918 musical "Yip, Yip, Yaphank". For a time Kate Smith had exclusive rights to perform "God Bless America" in public. When it became apparent that this song was not just another pop tune, Mr. Berlin and Kate Smith waived all royalties from performances of "God Bless America". There was a time when the song "God Bless America" supplanted the "Star Spangled Banner" as the most popular patriotic song in America. The royalties continue to be turned over to the Boy and Girl Scouts of America."

Art
Back to top Go down
Hattie

Hattie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Good Enough To Be In The News   Good Enough To Be In The News EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 pm

bigartie wrote:
I googled some of Kate Smith's biography; she was an amazing person. Here's a small excerpt concerning the song God Bless America.

"Kate Smith had become a national singing star from the onset of her broadcasting career in 1931. Her identification with patriotism and patriotic theme's began on the night of November 11, 1938, when on her regular radio program she sang "God Bless America". A song originally written by Irving Berlin for his 1918 musical "Yip, Yip, Yaphank". For a time Kate Smith had exclusive rights to perform "God Bless America" in public. When it became apparent that this song was not just another pop tune, Mr. Berlin and Kate Smith waived all royalties from performances of "God Bless America". There was a time when the song "God Bless America" supplanted the "Star Spangled Banner" as the most popular patriotic song in America. The royalties continue to be turned over to the Boy and Girl Scouts of America."
Art

Imagine that! All royalties from 'God Bless America' are turned over to the Boy and Girl Scouts' of America for decades! Kate and Irving were two great patriots of yesteryear. When we were kids during the war we ALL sang 'God Bless Amereica' in school almost every day - and ALL of us kids knew every single word in that song!
If some of y'all never heard this music - and I'm sure there are a few - listen and perhaps - remember the days when kids were asking God to bless us all by singing this song - and no one was ever offended!

http://www.dw-jotd.com/media/america.wav

Hattie! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Enough To Be In The News   Good Enough To Be In The News Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Enough To Be In The News
Page 1 of 1