THE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  

STAY SKY AWARE

EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bbqbob

bbqbob

Male
Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-11

EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good Empty
PostSubject: EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good   EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:28 pm

EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good (Sen. Kit Bond)
April 21st, 2009
The Obama administration’s decision to begin the process of imposing expensive, cumbersome regulations in an effort to regulate greenhouse gases should alarm all Americans. EPA’s decision will do more to endanger families, farmers and workers with new energy taxes and lost jobs than it does to protect the environment.

EPA carbon regulations will raise the price of energy. Environmentalists do not dispute this point – they welcome it. While they use the euphemism “putting a price on carbon” what they really mean is making energy more expensive so people don’t use it. However, hitting families with more expensive power, heating, cooling, food, and gas bills is a bad idea in good times, but to propose such a plan in the middle of an economic crisis is irresponsible at best. Right now, families all across the country are struggling to make ends meet and now it appears that President Obama is prepared to ask them to suffer an even heavier burden.

EPA carbon regulations will hit hardest Midwest, Great Plains and Southern States that depend heavily on electricity from coal. No surprise that support for climate legislation and carbon regulation comes primarily from States in the Northeast and West Coast that will escape the largest increases in energy costs under any carbon program. Similarly, these States have also driven out most of their manufacturing jobs, so they have much less to lose. In contrast, blue-collar workers in the heartland depend upon good-paying energy-intensive manufacturing jobs to maintain their middle class way of life. Higher energy costs from carbon legislation will kill these jobs and export them to lower energy cost countries like China. Ironically, due to lax pollution standards and advance notice that these countries won’t cut carbon emissions, total carbon emissions may even go up. Left behind will be unemployed American workers who can no longer afford health care, saving for retirement, or a college education for their children.

Let me be clear, I support cutting carbon emissions. I support increased efforts toward energy efficiency, wind and solar, nuclear energy, biofuels, hybrid battery plug-in vehicles and carbon capture and sequestration technology – all of which will greatly reduce the amount of carbon we emit. What I oppose is imposing expensive and cumbersome new regulatory burdens through Clean Air Act carbon regulations that even many environmental groups agree are not the best way to control carbon.

Higher energy taxes and burdensome regulations is a recipe for further economic disaster. While I can’t speak for my colleagues, this is one Senator unwilling to put a Missouri family out of work in an irresponsible attempt to regulate greenhouse gasses.
Back to top Go down
cactus_jack

cactus_jack

Male
Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2008-11-18

EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good   EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:23 pm

And now they're telling us that certain Kinds of Air Pollution May Produce a Cooling Effect!

Read about the NASA funded research that indicates this....

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/view.php?id=21799

Everything the leftist do is designed to control how you live your life and all this crap about man made global warming is nothing more than BS!

Of course there is a lot of money being made from it too. al gore's carbon credits company is a good example.
Back to top Go down

EPA’s Decision Will Do More Harm Than Good
Page 1 of 1